Izakaya

"Have you heard anything?" Kakashi asked. They have both spent the morning going from stool to stool asking around about anything suspicious, in hopes of gathering intel on the Akatsuki members.

"No, have you?" Kakashi gently took Kara's hand, lacing his fingers with hers. It was an action that was becoming second nature to them. They both would still have that flutter in their stomachs but it was a sensation that they came to enjoy.

"I heard some chatter, apparently there are some mercenaries that frequent a nearby Izakaya that might have connections with the Akatsuki. So, I thought I'd take my lovely wife for a refreshing drink and some lunch."

"Ooo, I like that idea, oh husband of mine."
They both chuckled as Kakashi guided Kara in the direction of the izakaya.

As they approached the building with the red lantern over the door. The entrance was framed by a traditional noren curtain, swaying gently in the early afternoon breeze. Inside, the air was scented with a blend of earthy tatami mats and the aromatic promise of simmering broth. Low, polished wooden tables adorned with delicate porcelain dishes beckoned patrons to gather around.

Paper lanterns adorned with intricate calligraphy dangled from the ceiling, casting a soft, warm glow upon the room. Sliding fusuma doors adorned with delicate cherry blossoms separated private alcoves where friends and comrades could share secrets or celebrate victories.

Faint strains of traditional flute music whispered through the air, harmonizing with the gentle murmur of conversation. A faint scent of incense lingered, adding to the tranquil atmosphere.

Kara, with her fiery mane cascading like a waterfall of autumn leaves, exuded an air of confidence and mystery. Her gaze, sharp as a kunai, surveyed the room with a quiet intensity. She moved with the grace of a seasoned warrior, every step purposeful and deliberate.

Beside her stood Kakashi, his one visible eye observing the scene with a mixture of curiosity and nostalgia. His silver hair, seemed to catch the lantern light in a shimmering dance. The mask that concealed his mouth did little to hide the keen sense of wisdom that radiated from his presence.

He ushered Kara to a secluded table at the back, where they had a view of most the tables in the room but few had sights of where they chose to sit.

"This place actually seems pretty nice" Kara said.
Kakashi seemed too entranced in scanning the room to be able to put together more that a couple of words.

"Yeah, sure.."

"Kash, you're supposed to be madly in love with me remember? So act like it, we don't know who is watching" Kara said in hushed tones, while kicking him under the table, luckily there wasn't a huge amount of people in the pub, there was a group of about 6 older gents who were enjoying a mid-day drink, about two other couples all sat in the more secluded tables and some solo patrons sitting at the bar. All in all not to busy for a lunchtime stop.

"Oh right sorry, I just didn't like that way the guy at the bar was looking at you when we walked in, he could be dangerous." He didn't want to admit to himself there was a slight wave of jealousy that someone else was looking at Kara in that way.

"Kash, calm down, I'm with you, plus I can kick more ass than you anyway". Kara joked but Kakashi's jealousy was still radiating off him as he glared down the other man.

"I'm starving, are we eating in here?" Kara was staring at the menu as she stomach grumbled.

"Of course, order what you would like, I'll grab us some drinks, what would you want?"

"Can you get some some Sake and also a green tea? Thank you"

Kakashi nodded as he headed to the bar. Kara remained looking over to the menu when the gent Kakashi didn't like chose to interrupt her peace by sitting in Kakashi's seat.