Flashback: Academy P.2

Surrounded by the protective embrace of the trees, Kara was left alone with her thoughts and emotions. Despite her best efforts, she could not seem to control the chakra energy within her when her dual dojutsu were activated. Every time she focused on her chakra, it felt like two opposing forces were waging war for control within her. It was a constant struggle, often resulting in outbursts of power that sent her crashing to the ground in frustration.

Why can't I get this! It's like two opposing forces within me! I don't get it! Her frustration was evident. Each time she was thrown to the ground, she would pull herself up, determine to master the overwhelming power within her.

"Why did you run?"

A voice called out from behind her, causing her to spin around in surprise. She was taken aback to see Kakashi standing there, his hands casually tucked into his pockets and a nonchalant expression in his dark eyes.

Kara's anger was temporarily overshadowed by surprise. She wiped the dirt from her clothes and stammered, "Go away Hatake, I don't want to see anyone!" Her eyes, which had moments ago radiated fury, were now filled with a mix of uncertainty and a lingering sense of frustration.

"Why did you run?" He asked again.

Kara huffed "because.." Kakashi's presence was an unwelcome intrusion in Kara's moment of solitude. Her initial surprise gradually morphed into a fierce determination to keep her frustrations to herself.

"Because?" He asked.

"I don't have to explain myself to you Hatake! Go back to your screaming fans and leave me alone!" She shouted, grabbing her bag and walking away from him.

As Kakashi caught up to her, determination etched across his features, she shot him a glare. "Can't you take a hint, Hatake?! I want to be alone!"

"Why did you run away?" He asked, his tone unruffled, unwavering.

"Why do you care?" She retorted, her voice tinged with defiance.

"I don't," he replied, his words sharp and curt.

"Then why are you following me?" She snapped, her anger palpable. He remained silent, observing her closely as she finally came to a stop. The tension between them hung thick in the air.

"Why do you hate me?" His question cut through the charged atmosphere.

"Because you're a jerk!" Her response was swift and laced with frustration.

The aggression towards him stung slightly, though his face never showed it. She stared at his expressionless face. "You waltz around as if you are better than everyone. You talk to people as if they're dumb, you act all high and mighty just because you have a couple of girls constantly screaming how amazing you are! It's sickening!" She exclaimed.

Kakashi listened to her words, his mask hiding any hint of emotion. Her frustration was palpable, her words a barrage of pent-up feelings. He didn't interrupt, allowing her to voice her grievances.

Kakashi maintained his calm demeanour, his tone cool and collected. "Well, that's your perspective, I suppose. Doesn't really matter to me what you think." He shrugged, as if her words were inconsequential.

Kara's frustration flared even more at his apparent indifference. "You're unbelievable! You don't even care, do you?"

"Why should I?" He replied, his tone still detached. "You're entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine."

Kara's anger only grew with his nonchalant response. "You're impossible, why even ask me if you don't even care?!"

Kakashi's masked face gave away nothing. "I wanted to hear your answer."