Path of Revenge

The moon hung low in the night sky, casting an ethereal glow over the landscape. Kara moved silently through the dense forest, her senses sharp and focused. She had been tracking Orochimaru's hideout for days, relying on her training and instincts to lead her to Sasuke.

As she approached one of the rumoured locations, her heart pounded with a mix of anticipation and dread. This was her chance to bring Sasuke back, to finally have her brother by her side again, and to have a sense of family once again. But she couldn't shake the feeling of foreboding that hung in the air.

The hideout was well-guarded, and Kara knew she couldn't afford to be reckless. She relied on her ANBU training, scanning the area for any signs of movement or danger. Hours turned into days as she meticulously searched every inch of every possible compound leaving no stone unturned.

But no matter how hard she looked, Sasuke remained elusive. It was as if he was a phantom, always one step ahead of her. The frustration gnawed at her, threatening to erode her determination.

Days turned into weeks, and still, there was no sign of Sasuke. Doubt began to creep into Kara's mind. Had she made a mistake? Was he even here? Or had she been chasing a ghost?

She moved on to another rumoured hideout, somewhere in the hidden sound village.
He's got to be there she thought as she neared the compound.

Her heart pounded as she edged closer and closer, feeling like this could be the one. As she infiltrated the compound, her senses were heightened, every rustle of leaves and whisper of wind scrutinized. She relied on her Celestiagan and Sharingan, scanning the area for any signs of movement or danger. The tension in the air was palpable, a silent prelude to a possible battle that awaited her. She used any means to incapacitate anyone who blocked her path, silently killing in the process. She felt like she had returned to her early ANBU days, silently assassinating anyone who the leaf considered a threat.

Finally, in the dimly lit chamber, a shadow blocked her path, a shadow of a young boy with familiar spikey hair stood in the distance. She had found him. Sasuke stood with his presence presenting a chilling mixture of familiarity and estrangement. He stared at her blankly, his eyes devoid of the warmth she once knew.

"Sasuke...?" Kara questioned, her shaky voice, a mix of determination and sorrow. "I'm here, I'm sorry I'm late but I'm here... to finally take you home."

Sasuke's response was cold and calculating. "What makes you think I would happily go back with you? I've chosen my path, and it doesn't involve you or the Leaf Village. Go home Nee-san, your effort is wasted."

Kara's heart sank, she hadn't seen her brother for years, and memories of the tight hug and tears they shared before she left for her mission fled her mind. The boy she remembered was not the one standing in front of her.

"You are coming home with me Sasuke! I won't leave you here." She exclaimed, refusing to acknowledge the monster he was slowly becoming.

"I am not that little kid you still perceive me to be. I will take my revenge and there's nothing you can say or do to stop me." He had a sinister smile across his face, one that sent chills down Kara's spine.

"This path of revenge is nothing but a childish dream. One that you can walk away from. You don't have to carry on down this road Sasuke. I'm here for you and still love you. Please come back to me!... I've left the ANBU, we don't need to be apart again!" Tears were streaming down her face as she pleaded with him. "I'm sorry that I left you, I shouldn't have accepted that mission but I promise we can get through this together as a family!"

Sasuke let out a sarcastic laugh. "Puft a family! You are not even my real sister! How can you talk of family when you don't have one?! Your parents are dead. You don't know what a family is." His words were like a barrage of shurikens to her chest, the fractures of her heart were breaking away with every word he said.