Lady Angel

"Ewww... Did we really have to disguise ourselves in a frog?" Kara complained as her and Jiraiya crawled out the mouth of a frog and onto the surface of the river.

Jiraiya shot Kara a playful grin, his eyes dancing with mischief as he corrected her. "Toad, not frog. And yes, we had to do it for the element of surprise. Can't have everyone knowing we're here," he whispered conspiratorially, his voice barely above a murmur.

Kara rolled her eyes in response but couldn't help the small smile that tugged at her lips. "You know I was captain of an ANBU team that specialised in infiltration right?" She chucked.

As they made their way towards the outskirts of the rain village, sticking to the shadows then merging in with the busy streets, keeping their heads down to avoid any unnecessary attention, Kara couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched.

"I don't like this rain," she muttered pulling up the hood of her cloak.

"Well, get used to it... its the village hidden in the rain - not hidden in the sun." Jiraiya chuckled softly, his eyes scanning their surroundings warily. "Just stay close and follow my lead. We'll get through this without any issues," he reassured her.

With their hoods up, they walked through the busy streets of the Rain village, their movements slow and deliberate as they tried to blend in with the locals. The rain fell heavily, casting a dreary atmosphere over the village, but Kara couldn't help but notice how the people seemed to carry on with their daily lives unfazed by the weather.

"Where do we start?" Kara asked

Jiraiya glanced around, his eyes narrowing in concentration as he surveyed the area. After a moment of contemplation, he turned to Kara with a determined look on his face.

"Over there" He indicated with his eyes towards an older woman tending to her food stand. 

"Wow don't these smell amazing Kana?" Jiraiya said pointed to the pork buns on sell.

She nodded eagerly, her eyes fixated on the sizzling pork buns as they cooked on the grill.

"They do smell delicious," Kara agreed, a faint smile tugging at her lips. Kana, seriously?

"We'll take two of these pork buns if we could, please granny." He said handing the elder woman some coins.

"Why, thank you." She responded handing them a pork bun each. "I don't think I've seen your faces before. Not from around here are ya?"

Jiraiya gave the woman a charming smile before responding, "No, we're not. I'm a traveling writer, and this is my niece. We journey around from place to place, writing about cuisine." He said before taking a bit of the steaming pork bun.

"Ohh... I see. So tell me how do you like my pork buns?" she asked

"Wow, I must say, they are as good as they smell. Quite delicious, wouldn't you agree Kana?"

Kara nodded in agreement, noting the fake name he had given her before taking a bite of the pork bun and savouring the rich flavours that exploded in her mouth. "Absolutely, Uncle Jay, they are really delicious," she chimed in, offering the elderly woman a genuine smile.

The woman beamed with pride at their compliments, her wrinkled face lighting up with joy. "I'm glad you enjoy them, dearies. My pork buns are a specialty here in the Rain village," she explained.

"You know, I would love to write about these in my magazine. Would that be okay with you Granny?" Jiraiya asked.

"My pork buns in a magazine?" The woman's eyes widened in surprise, a mix of disbelief and excitement crossing her features. "You want to feature my pork buns in a magazine?" she repeated, as if trying to confirm that she wasn't dreaming.