Uncovering the Truth

A few days have passed since Kakashi's return to the village, he hasn't seen or spoken to Kara since that night in the hospital. Instead, he's been focusing all his energy on helping Naruto recover from his injury during the battle with the Akatsuki. It seems his new wind style: rasen shuriken caused almost irreversible damage to his arm forcing the Hokage to brand it as a forbidden jutsu.

"Here you go! Miso-flavoured pork bone with roast pork ramen" Teuichi said placing a hot bowl in-front of Naruto.

"Thank you" he gasped at the huge bowl. "Just what I've been waiting for." Naruto, with his arm in a sling, struggling to break the chop sticks, dropping them in his bowl, making the stock splash his face. "Ah ah.. it's hot.."

"Careful.. our noodles stay hot until the very end.." Teuichi's daughter said from behind the ramen bar.

"It's just not easy eating with my left hand" Naruto grumbled as he failed getting the ramen noodles to stay on the chopsticks.

Sakura looked at him.. sympathy in her eyes as she watched him struggle. Naruto has continued to fight and train harder and harder in order to fulfil his promise to her and she knows he will be not give up until Sasuke is home. She sighed, scooting her stool closer to him.

"Here, lend me those chop sticks" she said, a pink dust powdering Naruto's face.

Huh? D-don't tell me, Sakura... you're going to feed me...? He thought.

"Owe!" Naruto exclaimed when Sai jabbed him in the face with another pair, trying to assist feeding Naruto.

"Say.. ahhh.." said Sai, extending the 'ahhh' for Naruto to copy.

"This isn't a moment for you to but into..!" Naruto shouted.

"...yo!" Kakashi said entering the ramen shop, seeing a Naruto shout at Sai for interrupting his moment with Sakura. "What's going on?" He exasperated.

"Kakashi-Sensei" Sakura said turning to greet him. "Naruto is having trouble eating with his left hand and we're having a disagreement as to who's going to feed him." She explained.

Kakashi's face dropped at the realisation then quickly jumped between Naruto and Sakura holding the chopsticks up to Naruto. "Here, eat!" He said shocking Naruto and the others.

So in the end, it's Kakashi-sensei that's going to feed me... Naruto defeatedly thought. He wanted Sakura to be the one to feed him.

"Kakashi-sensei, I'm surprised you didn't end up in the hospital after a huge mission like that..?" Sakura said causing Kakashi to hang his head in shame.

So that's how they see me..? He thought, which was soon interrupted by Kara walking in.

Naruto's voice boomed with excitement. "Kara-sensei! You're out of the hospital too! How are you feeling?"

"I'm good, Naruto. Glad to see you're doing better as well," Kara replied. Her gaze shifted to Kakashi's lone onyx eye, sensing a sudden shift in the atmosphere that made her uneasy. "I'm sorry... I've... I've got to go," she blurted, dashing out of the shop as swiftly as she'd entered.

All eyes turned to Kakashi, his face carrying a tinge of sadness.

"Hey, Kakashi-sensei, what's wrong with Kara-sensei?" Naruto inquired.

"Uh... nothing... here, Naruto, have some more," he urged, pushing another mouthful into the young ninja's mouth.

"Is something going on between you and Kara-sensei?" Sakura pressed.

"...No," he stated flatly.

"I don't know... you two seemed pretty close the other day..." Sakura observed.