Kakashi's Will of Fire P.3

"Naruto! Sakura, Sai!" Kara's voice echoed as she and her dire wolf Yuji caught up with Team Kakashi.

"Kara-Sensei! You made it!" Naruto's face lit up with a grin.

"Hell yeah!" Kara's smirk matched Naruto's enthusiasm.

"How did you break out of the cell?" Sakura inquired, her curiosity evident.

"Oh, you know me... I have my ways..." Kara chuckled, scratching the back of her neck sheepishly.

"You busted a hole in the wall, didn't you?" Sakura raised an eyebrow, seeing through Kara's nonchalant demeanour.

"Yurp.." Kara admitted with a grin. "Anyway... where are we?" She surveyed their surroundings, taking in the jagged landscape and the thick, oppressive fog that hung like a sinister shroud in the air.

"That's Mount Shumisen," Naruto explained, pointing towards the peak looming before them. "This is where we tracked the missing kekkei genkai ninjas to during that mission the other day."

"Oh that temple on the mountain... that's where that Hiruko guy is right?"

"Yeah..."

"Hey, look! There's Kakashi-Sensei!" Sakura exclaimed, pointing towards the silver-haired ninja staggering through the rugged terrain towards the temple on the mountain.

A pain pierced Kara's chest as she watched him stagger down the path.

"KAKASHI!" Kara called out, sprinting towards him, with Naruto and the others close behind. "KAKASHI!" she shouted again, but received no response. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes as she reached out to grab his hand, only to miss by mere centimeters. He moved like a puppet, controlled by the jutsu Hiruko had placed on him. Finally grasping his hand, she noticed a seal placed on his wrist.

"No..." Kara choked back a sob as tears streamed down her cheeks, falling to her knees. Kakashi's hand slipped from hers as she watched him walk away through blurred, tear-filled eyes.

"Kara-sensei!" Naruto's voice was filled with concern as he dropped beside her. "What's wrong? What's that thing on his wrist?"

"He's... he's a..." Kara struggled to find her voice, her lips quivering with emotion. "He's a ticking time bomb," she whispered so softly that her words barely reached their ears. "It's a timer for his Mangekyou Sharingan to activate, designed to drag Hiruko into another dimension... and Kakashi along with him."

As the weight of Kara's words settled over the group, a heavy silence enveloped them. Naruto clenched his fists in frustration, his determination burning bright in his eyes.

"This was Kakashi-Sensei's plan." Shikamaru interjected as he approached the group, his hands buried in his pockets. "He knew the risks, and he made this sacrifice to protect us and take down Hiruko once and for all."

Kara's heart felt heavy as she watched Kakashi walk away, a sense of hopelessness washing over her, the thought of losing him made her feel like her world was crumbling around her. She had already lost everyone she had ever loved, and she couldn't bear the thought of losing Kakashi too.

"Shikamaru! You knew the whole time?" Naruto exclaimed.

"It was Lady Tsunade who placed the time jutsu formula, at Kakashi-Sensei's request. When Hiruko tries to absorb him, there is a moment in time when he's weak, that is when the jutsu will activate Kakashi's Mangekyou Sharingan. And that will destroy Hiruko, the ninja who can absorb any type of ninjutsu." Shikamaru explained.

"We can't let that happen," Naruto declared, his voice firm and resolute. "We have to do something! We can't let that happen!" His voice was laced with urgency as he turned to Kara, determination shining in his blue eyes.