Studio Session

*2 weeks later*

Drake

I've been in the studio for about 7 hours now and while I've recorded some heat, it wasn't what I was looking for. I needed something that was going to thump in rides all summer long, and so far, I haven't heard it. And I'm going to keep it going until I do hear it. Noah was in there rubbing his hands down his face, looking exhausted. I know the feeling but right now, we gotta keep this shit jumping. I saw him look down at his phone before a big smile spread across his face.

Noah: yo nigga. I think I may have found something to inspire you

D: Well by all means, my nigga! Hop to it

He ran off looking all giddy like a damn kid. Soon, he walked back in the studio with Tim, Missy and Aaliyah behind him. I took my headphones off and went in.

D: Yo, Missy! What's up ma? (hugs her)

M: what's up boy?!

T: What's good bro? (daps him)

D: Chillin, chillin.

When he moved out the way, Aaliyah walked up to me and smiled. It took my breath away. She reached out for a hug and I gave it to her. I didn't want to let go but I knew I had to. When she stepped back, she looked over at Noah.

A: So what you got for me?

We sat in the studio and listened to the beat that he had. Shit was straight fye! I knew she was feeling it because her head was bouncing to the beat. Pretty soon, Tim started beatboxing and Missy started ad-libbing. I see now why their music sounds like no other. They all glue so well together. It was like watching a dream team come up with a masterpiece.

A: Noah, that's hot!

N: (blushing) Yall came in and made it even better

T: Yo, we got to record that tonight!

M: Hell yeah, ain't no sleeping on that bih!

N: Aight, Aight, let's do it.

We stayed in the studio for two more hours and I must say. I finally found what I've been looking for. Shit was definitely a summer jam. I was sitting next to Aaliyah who was cracking jokes with Missy. They were talking about her relationship with Damon and my ears were perked up.

M: So Liyah, I saw Dame the other day. He told me to talk to you for him

A: (sighs) There's nothing to be said Miss.

M: I know, I know. I just want the scoop for myself. You never really talked about what went down.

A: He cheated, I left. He got back with Rachel after she told him she was pregnant and they got married

M: Why is he so pressed then if he's the one that fucked up?

A: He's an idiot Miss. Anyways, what's good with you?

How the fuck do you cheat on Aaliyah? She's perfect. The shit is crazy. Some niggas have the world at their fingertips and don't even know how to handle it. Pretty soon, Missy and Tim got up to leave so that they could go to another studio session. I could tell by the look on Noah's face that he was ready to get back home to his family. I laughed.

D: You good man. You can go. I got my heat

N: (perks up) Yo, you sure?

D: Yeah man, go head

Pretty soon it was just me and Aaliyah. She was still listening to the song and vibing out to it. She's a perfectionist, just like myself. I started vibing to it and she looked at me.

A: This is amazing!

D: Yeah it is. I've been in here almost all day and couldn't find the right vibe but this is it

A: Wow. All day as in all day?

D: Literally. I've been here since 9 this morning.

A: (eyes widens) Damn, that's almost 12 hours!

D: (laughs) I've been in here for days

A: True, true. I remember those days

D: I'll always remember this day though

A: (not paying much attention) Oh yeah? Why is that?

D: It's not everyday that you get to create a song with your favorite singer

A: (stops and turns his way) I'm your favorite singer?

D: Yes, without a doubt

A: (blushes) Oh my god. That's sweet! (laughs)

D: (laughs) Why you say it like that?

A: (shrugs) I don't know. I just still get chills when someone tells me they like my music

D: I understand. To see people playing my music is a blessing

A: So how long have you known you wanted to rap?

D: I've always wanted to. I just got drafted into acting and decided to follow the money

A: (nods) I definitely understand that.

D: So tell me, what's next for you?

A: I honestly don't know. I know that I can't stay away from music forever

D: Oh trust me, after everyone hears what we just recorded, you won't have that choice

A: I guess it would be cool to put out another album. Connect back with my original fan base

D: You presence is truly missed

We talked some more and before I knew it, it was 2 in the morning. We've been talking for hours! It didn't even feel like it had been that long but I guess the saying is true. Time flies when you're having fun. I caught Aaliyah yawning and decided it was a good time for us to leave.

D: I see you getting sleepy (laughs) it's past your bedtime?

A: (laughs) Boy I'm grown. Ain't no bedtime bih!

We both laughed and for some reason, I couldn't let her leave without at least asking for her number.

D: Hey Aaliyah, do you mind if I ask for your number? I mean-

A: (already reaching for her phone) Sure, give me your number and I'll call you

I gave her my number and she called giving me hers. I programmed her number into my phone and slid it back into my pocket.

D: Well Ms. Aaliyah, it's been a pleasure (holds out hand)

A: (shaking his hand) Yes it has. You have a good night

D: You too (watching her walk away)

Damn man. She too bad!