The Premiere

Aaliyah

Me and my girls were on the way to the premiere party, turnt the hell up! Dada was already feeling herself. Shida and Cole were in the back boosting her up and I was laughing my ass off. We were about to have some fun. I heard my phone go off and looked down. I had 6 messages.

R: Tell Dada don't try me

J: Yo! Me and Bey on the way!

Di: Have fun tonight baby

M: Me, Tim and Gin here! Holla when u get here

Game: We in the building!

D: Let me know when u get there

I smiled and responded to everybody before putting my phone back in my pocket. When we pulled up, Drake was already standing outside. He came over and gave me a hug before hugging Dada 'nem. We all walked in together laughing and joking.

Announcer: And here come the guests of honor!

Everybody started clapping so me and Drake made our way to the stage in the center of the room. We both spoke a little bit about the song. Pretty soon it was blaring through the speakers and had everybody's attention. People started dancing and bouncing to the music. Me and Drake were dancing together when the bridge came on, talking about twerking. I bent over in front of Drake and started twerking on him. He threw his head back and wrapped one arm round my waist while putting the other one in the center of my back to hold me in place. For a moment, I forgot where I was. IT was just us too. I snapped out of it when I heard everybody whistling.

K: Damn girl, you gonna let him hit it on stage!

N: Go Lee! Go Lee!

I laughed and moved away from Drake. He grabbed my hand before I could step away from him. I looked up at him and he had this strange look in his eyes. Before I could ask him what's up, Dada put a drink in my hand and pulled me off.

K: We'll be back!

Dada pulled me over to the corner where all the girls were. They were all smiling and looking at me all crazy.

A: (laughs) What?

Rashida: Girl, if yall had been any closer yall might as well been fucking!

A: (blushing) It wasn't that bad was it?

Nicole: (mocking Liyah's twerk) Girl, he looked like he was about to pass out.

Rash: Forreal Lee. What's up?

A: Nothing's up. We're just friends

Girls: mmm-hmm

A: We are!

Bey: Ohhhhhh Liyah! Mama Diane gonna get you! (hugs her)

A: Oh my God! (laughs)

I looked over at Dada and she had this look on her face and I already knew what was up. She wanted girl talk. I went and sat next to her while everybody else began socializing around the room.

K: So Liyah, be real. What's up? You know I know you

And that she did. We've been friends for almost 15 years so I knew she could read me. I decided to be truthful.

A: To be honest Dada, I really like him. He's cool and I feel like I can be myself around him. It kid of reminds me of when me and Damon first started talking

K: So do you think you'd want to try a relationship with him?

A: I don't know. I just know that he's starting to grow on me