Funny Feelings Pt. 2

Aaliyah

Things happened so quickly. Bullets started flying and I was in awe. Damon ducked in front of me when Rod pointed the gun at me. I looked down at him and tried to cover the wound, all the while screaming for help. Dame's phone was in his waist so I grabbed it. I wanted to call Rashad but his number wasn't coming to me. I dialed the only number I knew by heart.

Di: (sounding tired) Hello

I don't know what it was but the sound of my mother's voice calmed and upset me. As soon as I heard it, tears started falling.

Di: HELLO?

A: Mommy?

Di: (looks at phone) Aaliyah? Baby, is that you?

A: Yes mommy. It's me (crying)

Di: Oh my God! Oh my God! Michael! It's Liyah

Michael: (rushing to the phone) Put it on speaker phone Diane

A: Daddy?

Mike: Yes babygirl, I'm here. Where are you?

A: I'm in Fiji Daddy. I don't understand what's going on

Di: What's happening baby? Are you okay?

A: Damon's been shot (sniffling)

Di, Mike: WHAT?!

Di: Baby wait, what is Damon doing down there?

A: (confused) We came down here together

Di: Aaliyah, are you sure? (short laugh) You can't stand Damon

A: Why would you say that mommy? Damon and I are trying to work through things. We're having a baby

Di, Mike: (looks at each other/frowns) 

Mike: How did you get hooked back up with that fool?

A: We've been together all the while Daddy. What are you and mom talking about?

Di: (shakes her head) Never mind that baby. We're just so glad to hear from you! We love you!

A: I love you both too. Can you believe it? A baby?

Di: Yes (getting excited again) Me and your father were so happy when your brother told us. Shocked but happy

A: Wait, (frowns) Rashad told you? He knows?

Mike: Aaliyah, (frowning) Have you talked to Rashad?

A: No Daddy. I can't even remember his number and I have no idea where my phone is

Mike: I'm going to call him on 3-way. Hold on (calls Rashad)

R: Hello?

Mike: Rashad? Where are you?

R: (sighs) Still looking for Liyah (hears sirens in the background)

Mike: Aaliyah's on the phone. Say hey to your brother babygirl

A: Hey Shad!

R: Liyah??? What the fuck?!

Mike: Watch yo mouth boy!

R: Sorry Da. Liyah, what? How? Where are you?!

A: I'm at some hotel Rashad. Damon's been shot and so has his homeboy

R: Liyah! Liyah, listen! I need to you to go outside and tell me exactly where you are!

A: I can't just leav-

R: Do it now Liyah! And don't leave there! In fact, go to the front desk and hand the person at the desk your phone!

A: Okay Shad, okay! 

Mike: Rashad, what's going on? 

R: (sighs) I don' think Aaliyah remembers much Dad. I think she thinks she's still with Damon

Di: (sighs) Oh Lord! 

Front desk: Umm, yes. Hello sir, may I help you?

: Yes sir! My sister has been kidnapped and she doesn't remember much. If you could, please call the police and make sure she doesn't leave

Front desk: Sure thing sir, will do (hands the phone back to Aaliyah)

A: Are you down here in Fiji too Shad?

R: Yes, and I'm coming to get you. Make sure you stay there Liyah. I'm not playing

A: Damn, okay Shad! (getting frustrated/sees Damon) Is he going to be okay?

EMT: Ma'am. He's been shot several times. We need to get him to the hospital as soon as possible

A: Okay... (rubs Dame's chin) I'll be there soon

Damon was still unconscious so I knew he couldn't hear me. I said goodbye to my parents before going and sitting in the waiting area to wait on Rashad. Just then I saw Dame's homeboy that suddenly started shooting at him. He saw me and frowned before pointing at me and rushing my way. I got scared but before I could get up, three officers made their way to me. I say him stop before pointing his two fingers at me and then fired like he was shooting a gun. He walked out the door.

The officers were asking me questions that I couldn't answer. I could barely focus. Something doesn't feel right. The more I try to focus, the fuzzier everything feels. It was getting hard to breathe. The female officer came over and touched my shoulder before jerking her head back.

Female officer: Oh my God, she's bleeding! 

Male officer: We need an ambulance!

I was now on my hands and knees gasping for air when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

R: Liyah???!!! Liyah, answer me!!!!!

A: (faint smile) H-, h-, ey Shad

I leaned my head back and standing behind him was the rapper Drake. Damn he's cute in person. Soon my eyes felt to heavy to hold them open so I closed them. I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around me and they laid their head on my forehead.

D: Please don' do this to me. I need you. Don't leave me

Why does this feel so familiar and so right. Before I could say something back, everything went black.