Chaos Erupts Pt. 3

Drake

I feel like I'm going crazy man. I just tried to call Aaliyah for the 13th time in the row. I know Rashad told me to chill out and give Lee some time, but I need to talk to my baby. After not getting an answer, I slung my phone over the chairs and leaned forward with my hands in my head. I'm at an awards rehearsal and all I can think about is Liyah. Why she not picking up the phone? I know what I said and did was fucked up but at least pick up the phone and cuss my ass out like she always does.

Some of everybody was in here but I could concentrate. 

W: Yoo! You listening to me motherfucka?

D: (shakes head) What's up man? What you said?

W: I ASKED did you fix your situation yet... apparently not

B: (makes a whip sound) Damn playboy. It's like that???

W: (laughs) Hell yeah, you ain't know!?

Just then a voice cut into the speaker alerting everybody of breaking news. They turned on the big screen to CNN and everybody started turning around to see what was up. Just as I looked up, it was a video of Liyah performing on the screen and the words on the screen ripped a whole in my chest.

Breaking News: Singer Aaliyah involved in plane crash, no other details at this time

It felt like something hit me man. Before I even knew what was going on, I was down on my knees holding my stomach, throwing up. This can't be happening, not my baby. Not like this. I tried to get up but I felt weak. Before I knew it, Locke was standing over me and the crew was on either side of me. One of the assistants brought me some water and Locke took it and poured it on my head. When I started to sputter, they pulled me up in the chair and tilted my head back, pouring some of the water into my mouth.

When I looked around, people were frantically moving around and others were now sitting down, in shock and crying. Monica, who was preparing to hit the stage next, came out and looked around before going up and hugging Brandy. My phone started ringing and I prayed it was Liyah calling to tell me somebody had fucked up the story. 

D: Hello!!!

R: (crying) Please tell me you've talked to my sister

D: (running hands through head) No man, I've been trying all day

R: God! This can't be happening!!

D: Where are you? Mama Diane???

R: I'm here with her. I'm here

D: I'm on my way man (wipes his face) Locke, I gotta make it over to her parents

L: You sure you okay to go somewhere right now bro?

D: I gotta go man. I can't be here

Locke went and got my bodyguard and the minute we stepped outside, people started going crazy. Cameras started flashing, reporters and photographers were yelling out questions, fans were crying and acting crazy... It was just a mess.

By the time we got inside the car, it felt like everything shut down. I spent so much time being mad at the love of my life and now... she's gone. Just like that. No explanation. No warning. Just gone. Why me? WHY???