Chapter 10 • Dream (FFAF)

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV (Falling For A Fan)-
Chills ran across my arms by hearing Mason's voice. I slowly turned around and met his eyes with Clay standing next to me.

Mason. My first love. The crush who didn't love me back. The one who made me doubt my self worth. Along with the stalker who becomes obsessed with me, all because he sees my worth now years later when I've moved on.

And most of all, the person who crashed into us in the 2nd car accident the night I met Clay's family for the first time. The accident where I had to give him one of my kidneys for him to live.

Our number one enemy.

Suddenly, Dream's words burned in my mind.

"Y/N...you can go back to see Mason break out of jail...kidnapping your son as revenge...along with shooting Clay in the heart, just like he always wanted to...as the future tells..."

I gulped nervously while staring at him.

MASON:
"What're you doing in Florida?"

Y/N:
"Breathing—" I shot my body around to try walking away, but he spoke.

MASON:
"Wow, same here." He chuckled, "It's certainly been a while."

Y/N:
"Mhm..." I looked out in the distance nervously as I messed with my fingers.

Clay's eyes fell to my hands, then his gaze narrowed at my face.

CLAY:
"I'm Clay." He raised his eyebrows while shooting his head to Mason.

MASON:
"Mason."

They awkwardly shook hands once again.

Y/N:
"Clay, we should get back..."

CLAY:
"Right. Nice meeting you Mark."

MASON:
"It's Mason."

CLAY:
"Right." He mumbled under his breath while walking away to the car.

I was about to join him when Mason spoke up again.

MASON:
"Is he your boyfriend?"

My eyes widened, remembering that I didn't lie before. This time, I was going to change things.

Y/N:
"Yep. We're madly in love, we just had sex an hour ago, okay bye—" I rambled while speed walking to Clay's car.

Behind me, I heard Mason scoff.

MASON:
"Wait—" He jogged up to me, grabbing my arm to stop me, making me flinch, "Maybe you and I could get together tonight, catch up."

Y/N:
"S—Sorry, super busy—" I tried leaving again, but his grip got tighter.

MASON:
"Oh c'mon, you don't wanna hangout with an old friend?" He tilted his head with a smile.

I swallowed hard. That sentence made me get triggered by a certain memory.

Y/N:
"Really...an old friend? If I was an old friend then why did you tell everyone that I was just some girl who had a crush on you instead of your friend?" I clenched my jaw.

MASON:
"We can discuss over dinner tonight." He raised his eyebrows, his smile faltering.

Y/N:
"Mason, I don't wanna have dinner with you." I blurted out, "I've moved on, just leave me alone, okay??"

Once again, I tried walking away but this time, he grabbed my other arm tightly to keep me in place, making me wince a little.

CLAY:
"We gotta get going, Y/N." He walked up to us with a serious expression.