Chapter 19 • Call (FFAF)

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-CLAY's POV (Falling For A Fan)-
Something weird happened.

Once George, Nick and I got off the plane, we arrived at the hospital. There, we walked up to the front desk and asked what room George's parents were in from the accident, but the nurse told us that no one with the last name Davidson was checked in.

It became weirder when George called his parents, and they answered, explaining to him in confusion, that they were never in an accident.

My friends and I were extremely confused, because George got a call from a man, saying his parents were in an accident, but they weren't. Which meant we left Florida for no reason.

In my gut, it felt like something was off.

So, once we made it to George's parents house, he hugged his family then told them what happened. They were puzzled too.

Suddenly, an idea popped into my mind.

CLAY:
"Hey, give me the number of the person who called you." I took out my phone, "I'll look up the number and it'll tell me who the number belongs to."

George nodded then took out his device to tell me the phone number who informed him of an accident with his parents that never happened.

After typing in the number to a specific website I found from Google, the name of the person popped up on the page. Their name made my eyes widen, and my face drop.

It was Mason's name.

He was the one who called George and lied. All at once, a million realizations went off in my head.

"When Mason gave Y/N those cupcakes, she was out for a while...he must've took her phone and found George's number..." I thought, "He called George to get us out of the way, far away from..."

My thoughts made my breathing pick up in worry.

CLAY:
"It was Mason—he set this whole thing up so he could get us out of the way—" I quickly dialed Y/N's phone number and held the phone up to my ear.

NICK:
"What do you mean get us out of the way?" His eyebrows squished together.

CLAY:
"He knows we would protect her from him—he set this whole thing up so we'd be an ocean away from her—" I raised my voice, my heartbeat increasing at the fact that Y/N wasn't answering the phone.

GEORGE:
"Would he really do that?" His eyes widened as his brows furrowed nervously.

CLAY:
"Yes—Y/N told me he's dangerous and that he's done stuff before, now she's not answering—" I yelled angrily while setting my phone off from my ear, staring at her name on the screen.

NICK:
"Okay, calm down man. We'll get on the next plane back to Florida." He tried reassuring.

CLAY:
"The flight is 9 hours long, Nick! He has all the time in the world to do something—" I ran out the front door as fast as I could, all while George and Nick ran after me.

-Y/N's POV (Falling For A Fan)-
Mason ended up driving us to his house. Once we arrived, he jerked me inside by the arm, then walked us down to his basement, all with a gun in his other hand.

He threw me on the cold floor once we made it down the stairs. I groaned in response while sitting up slowly. Shortly, I met his eyes while glaring at him with a frown.

Y/N:
"Why are you doing this...?? You never did this before..."

MASON:
"I told you, Y/N. I regret what I did to you in high school. I'm ready for us to be something now..." He bent down to me, "But you don't like me anymore..."