Chapter 18 • Before (LB)

❥Warning:
Includes strong language, blood and death.

-Y/N's POV (London Boy)-
After mine and George's hug, we quickly ran to the nearest private spot we found, a stairway that led down to a parking garage. Once we were seated next to each other on the stairs, I spoke.

Y/N:
"I'm sorry about your parents..." I frowned at him.

GEORGE:
"You don't need to be the one apologizing...I'm the idiot who thought for once they'd actually be there for me when I needed them..." He spoke lowly, staring hard at the stairs below us.

Y/N:
"We don't need to talk about them anymore if it makes you uncomfortable...in the first timeline, you didn't mention them at all...I never pushed you then, and I won't push you now..."

George swallowed hard while clenching his jaw.

GEORGE:
"I probably didn't tell you because you saw what happened..." He shook his head, "I've never been one to talk about my feelings because every time I tried...I realized no one truly cared and if they did, it only lasted a few moments and then they moved onto themselves..."

I leaned my head on his shoulder with a deepened frown. Slowly, I reached for his hand, and he held mine back tightly while resting his head on mine.

GEORGE:
"Would you do that to me if I tried telling you what happened...?" He asked quietly.

Y/N:
"No..." I whispered, "I wanna hear it all...your thoughts, your past, your happiness, your sadness...I wanna hear every part of you, every word you have to say...because your words matter to me...they always have..."

Once I said that, George squeezed my hand tighter while releasing a shaky breath out.

GEORGE:
"When I was in high school..." He began, "my parents constantly argued like a broken record player...they always disagreed on everything, and they used to put me in the middle of it. I was known as the messenger...I used to break down in classes because of it...and everyone just laughed..."

My lips curled down farther. Even though this was just the beginning of his story, he already sounded so broken, which broke me.

GEORGE:
"I didn't have good friends in school, I never did...everytime I tried telling them my problems, they got sick of me and told me to move on, I had nothing to be sad about...no one understood...it felt like I was going to be truly alone forever until...until I met Clay and Nick..." He explained.

I shut my teary eyes as his tears fell down his cheeks. He didn't wipe them away, all he did was continue, which told me all I needed to know.

George felt safe with me.

Even in this new timeline, he felt safe with me enough to cry without wiping his tears, to open up.

GEORGE:
"After high school...my parents divorced...I tried reaching out to my dad but, he wanted nothing to do with me since I looked like my mum so much...so he left the country. Meanwhile, my mum chose that exact moment to get a boyfriend..."

George swallowed hard.

GEORGE:
"She married him even when she knew he abused me, mentally, emotionally, physically..." His voice was weak, "She told me she never loved anyone as much as she loved my new step-father...so she let it slide...because whatever he says goes..."

I clenched my jaw tightly at the fact that my London Boy has had to stay strong for so many years.

In the original timeline, he was the one there for me with all of my trauma, and now, I was the one there for him with his.