Chapter 15 • Disorders (FFAF)

❥Warning:
Includes strong language and eating disorder.

-Y/N's POV (Falling For A Fan)-
Clay and I shed our tears on each others shoulders in a tight hug, then he slowly split apart from me as I sniffled. He rested his hand on my back as he looked around at the traffic on the bridge.

CLAY:
"C'mon..." He nudged me forward, and I nodded in defeat, knowing we needed to talk.

The two of us walked hand in hand down the streets in silence, both with a million thoughts in our heads.

I was sad that he saved me, and I was even sadder that he kissed another girl after not seeing me for a couple of weeks. I was sad that here I was, yet again, making him cry over the burden that was my trauma.

-CLAY's POV (Falling For A Fan)-
As Y/N and I walked together side by side down the roads to get back to her apartment, her head was down. I could tell she was thinking deeply.

Now that we were this close together, I noticed her figure more. She was exceptionally skinnier than the last time I saw her a couple of weeks ago. Her eyes were dull, she had dark spots under her eyes, and her entire body was thinner and paler.

Sadly, I recognized an eating disorder when I saw one, because I had one before too.

In high school, I was what anyone on the street would call, overweight. My appearance was my most self conscious part about me. Since I was depressed some in high school, I went to food for comfort.

The food I was eating was over the portion sizes, but I didn't care about the numbers. All I cared about was feeling better. I loved how the food made my taste buds feel, and I was addicted to that good, distracting feeling.

Until I wasn't.

Everywhere I went, I was bullied because of the weight my body was. The wake up call for me was when I asked my crush to the dance, and she explained how she didn't want to go with someone as fat as me.

When I looked in the mirror that night at home, I realized what I had done to myself. I let myself go, I let myself eat my feelings away. I realized no one could truly love me if I looked like this.

So, I began eating less.

At first, it was extremely hard, but eventually, it became my normal. I became as skinny as a stick.

The sad part was, everyone in high school said I glowed up. They thought I looked so much better thinner. Girls wanted to date me now, even some guys became fruity around me.

Because of all the positive things people were saying about me, it made me eat even less, until one day, I stopped eating completely.

As time went on, I became so much skinner, that people started calling me "skeleton", others called me "dead boy", since I looked so pale. It hurt, but the fat jokes hurt more, so I continued.

Nick was the only one who had my back in high school. But because most of our school was trash, if he defended me, he got beat up by the ones who were bullying me, so he had to keep quiet.

Each day I became dizzier, weaker, but I still didn't care. All I cared about what was other people thought of me. I wanted to be perfect for them. I wanted to destroy my body for them. So I did.

Until it landed me in the hospital.

Nick found me laying on my kitchen floor after I became too dizzy and weak one day.

My family was out of town for a year because they were taking care of my sick grandparents overseas. But, because the hospital called them, they flew back to Florida to see me.