Chapter 23 • Fate (Enemies)

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV (Enemies)-
I stayed at the beach until it became dark. I gave myself enough time to think about my new life in this timeline.

Until I received a call from my father.

Hesitantly, I picked up my device from the sand next to me, then pressed the green button to answer, holding the phone up to my ear.

Y/N:
"Hello?"

DAD:
"Hey hun...are you okay? You haven't come back to the house in a while. I know you and your mother had a fight, but are you alright?"

Immediate tears filled my eyes at that question.

Y/N:
"Honestly...no. I'm not alright..." I admitted in a quiet voice.

DAD:
"What do you need, hun? Ice cream, some money for shopping?" He attempted to cheer me up, which made my lips curl up a little.

Y/N:
"No Dad, I'm okay thank you..."

DAD:
"Well I'm here for you, hun. Whatever you need, I'll get for you. Tell me what you need."

I bit the inside of my cheek with a sigh, staring out at the waves in the ocean crashing against each other.

Y/N:
"Honestly Dad...I think I need to travel somewhere, alone, to try coming up with a game plan for my life moving forward..."

DAD:
"Oh..." He paused for a moment, "I didn't do anything wrong, did I?"

Y/N:
"No, don't worry." I lightly smiled, "This past year has just been a lot for me so I just...I need to get away and...focus on myself...I'll still call and text you but, I don't know about Mom..."

DAD:
"She hasn't told me what's going on with you two." I heard his frown, "Could you tell me? I could help."

Y/N:
"No sadly, I can't..." I mumbled, "Honestly, I'm starting to learn that people aren't always who you think they are...I don't know where her and I stand but...we aren't going to stand anywhere if she continues treating me the way she has..."

He was silent for a minute.

Y/N:
"I'm glad you two are safe and well from the accident, and I'm glad my friends are letting you crash at their house tonight...I don't know when the next time I'll see you but..." My tears fell down my cheeks, "I love you, Dad..."

DAD:
"I love you too, honey...be safe and call me if you need anything, and I'll be there."

Y/N:
"Will do..." I sadly smiled at the sand, then ended the call with the press of a button.

I released a shaky breath out and wiped my teary cheeks, then laid down on my back while shutting my eyes tightly. My arms made their way to each other. I held myself while taking deep breaths, mentally preparing for the journey ahead of me.

After giving myself a few seconds, I slowly sat up, glanced around at the Florida beach one last time, then stood up and walked away.

-SAPNAP's POV (Enemies)-
Y/N didn't come home after that freak out she had. Luckily, she broke up with George, but unfortunately, she didn't come home, and George was ignoring me.

I almost messaged Y/N to check if she was okay, but her father informed us that Y/N was leaving for a while. He never told us where she was going, but nonetheless, I was sad to hear she was gone.

But, it made sense that she wanted to be by herself for a while since she was dating a manipulative dickhead for an entire year.

So, I released a shaky breath out and shot her a text.