Chapter 17 • Parents (LB)

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV (London Boy)-
After the 8 hour flight, my London Boy was back in London with me.

Russ' true business was here, but he had buildings all around the world. So there truly wasn't a place where we could be safe forever, and that was a hard pill to swallow.

Once we got off the plane, and left the airport through an uber, I noticed George's leg was shaking as he stared out the car window with a deepened frown.

His head was full of thoughts, perhaps memories. I knew because I had the same look on my face every time I lost someone I loved.

For comfort, I reached out and held his hand against his knee. Slowly, he squeezed my hand while squeezing his eyes for a moment, slight tears coming out. I swallowed hard while frowning at him.

In the original timeline, I lost everyone I loved. Now in this timeline, George was losing everyone he loved. I lost the most two important people in my life: Lucas and Amelia. Meanwhile, he lost the most two important people in his life: Clay and Nick.

If I could, I'd take this pain away from him and put it right back onto myself, but I couldn't.

There wasn't much I could do in these circumstances. All I could do was protect George with everything I had, which I intended to do.

Eventually, the uber dropped us off at George's parent's house. Their house was tall, all white, with a dark blue front door. Now, I was nervous to meet his parents, since I never have before.

Soon, the two of us paid the uber with cash from our pockets, then made our way hand in hand to the front door.

George formed his other hand into a fist, raised it to the wood, then froze. He sighed while giving a serious expression, dropping his arm.

GEORGE:
"Before we do this..." He spoke lowly, "Promise me that nothing will happen to them..."

I gulped nervously with a frown, knowing that I couldn't promise that. I promised I could protect Clay and Nick, yet I failed. I couldn't make another false promise, especially since I didn't know how this would go, since I haven't met them before.

Y/N:
"I can't..." I whispered in defeat, clenching my jaw, "I've never met them before, I've never been here, so...I don't know how this will play out..."

George's eyes filled with tears as he looked away to the bushes, his nose twitching in the process.

Y/N:
"We don't have to stay here, George. We can find another place to g—"

I was cut off by the door swinging wide open, causing George and I to gasp. We met eyes with a woman. She had dark brunette hair, with my London Boy's beautiful brown eyes.

MOM:
"George!" She raised her eyebrows, "I didn't expect you to be here. I thought you were in America?"

He gulped nervously while staring at her.

-GEORGE's POV (London Boy)-
It was a mistake coming here. My gut was telling me that we were being followed. Although, it might've been my fear instead.

I swallowed hard with a deepened frown. Unfortunately, she picked up on it.

MOM:
"Honey, what's wrong?" Her lips curled down.

It was too late to leave, and I knew that. So, I confessed.

GEORGE:
"I—I'm here because..." My voice was shaky, "D—Dream and Sapnap are..."

I shut my eyes with a shaky breath out.

This was the one sentence I hated more than anything now. The sentence used to be "I love you", now it was this.