Part 1 - Meet Me in the Hallway

"Hey, baby" you answer your phone.

"Hey, sweetheart, how was your trip?" your boyfriend's deep voice makes you smile already.

"It was good. I just arrived outside this guy's house" you say, looking at it.

"How does it look? Is it really that good or was your dad exaggerating?" he chuckles.

"It's-It's really great, no joke" you're shocked.

Your mind is really frozen, the sight in front of you is more than great. Your dad told you that you're going to spend the summer in his friend's house and he implied that it was a very nice house, but never in a million years you would've guessed this is how it actually looks like.

"Well, I'm happy for you. Don't forget to send me pictures, both of the house and yourself" you can sense the smirk on his face.

"You know I will. Can't leave my daddy hanging like that, can I?" you lick your lip.

"You're something else, baby" his voice is sending chills all over your body.

"God, my dad saw me" you say once you spot him, "I gotta go, but we'll talk later" you continue.

"Okay, sweetheart, love you" he says.

"Love you, too" you reply and hang up the phone.

Immediately your dad walks fast towards you, his smile is huge and his vibe more joyful than it's ever been. First thing he does is to hug you tightly, which is understandable since it's been a while since he last say you.

"Sweetie, it's so good to finally see you again" he kisses your forehead with excitement.

"Hey, dad. I missed you, too" you smile at him.

"Let me carry those suitcases for you and we can catch up" he suggests.

"I'll take this one, you can't carry everything on your own" you offer your help.

"Thank you, follow me" he says and starts carrying your stuff towards the house.

It's equally thrilling on the inside as it is on the outside. There are two floors, but you're currently on the first one. Upon entering, you're greeted by an expensive living room decorated with velvet furniture and unique decor. Crystal chandeliers, polished marble floors and oversized sofas catch your attention quickly.

The kitchen looks like it's straight out of a cooking show. Marble countertops, a big dining table, cooking essentials, all kinds of machines and tools you could think of surrounded by the rich aroma of freshly brewed coffee from a top-of-the-line espresso machine. This guy must really love coffee, judging by the amount of coffee machines he has.

"How exactly do you know this guy?" you ask your dad.

"We've been friends since high school. We haven't seen each other much since we started college but we recently ran into one another and he was kind enough to invite us over for the summer" he explains.

"What's his name again?" you narrow your eyes.

"Robert. Don't worry, you're going to meet him in a bit. He's upstairs, he's just busy with work" he adds.

"Can't wait" you say skeptically, getting a possible weird vibe about him already.

Moving through the house, you discover bedrooms full of expensive fabrics and tasteful artwork. King-sized beds in each of the bedrooms and a few bathrooms featuring a spa-like atmosphere, complete with spacious tubs and rainfall showers.

"This will be your room, what do you think of it?" your dad asks.

"I think this is better than any other place I've ever been to" you chuckle, looking outside the full sized windows to capture the view.