Part 35 - Summertime Sadness

"Good morning to Malibu's biggest lovebirds" a familiar voice with a shade of sarcasm catches you by surprise.

"Oh my God" you gasp loudly.

"What the hell?" Robert jumps from the shock.

You fell asleep in each other's arms last night, apparently you didn't manage to sneak out before the morning came. The comfort and coziness of sleeping in the same bed caught up and helped you both get a great night's sleep.

"How are you here?" you smile widely while addressing Jeffrey.

"I wanted to surprise you for your last day" he smiles back at you warmly.

"Hello!? This isn't time for your romantic catch up, where is John?" Robert sounds scared for his life as he quickly gets out of bed.

"Relax, I covered for you" Jeffrey sounds calm.

You hear his words and leave a relieved exhale out your mouth. Then you also get out of bed and walk quickly to Jeffrey, hugging him tightly as he does the same. Your bodies rock left and right in harmony for a few seconds before Robert ruins the mood once again.

"What does that even mean? Do you know if he saw us here?" his voice is almost cracking.

"I would say that he has no idea you spent the night with his daughter" Jeffrey remains calm.

"You would say? So you don't know, that's what you're saying" Robert throws his hands in the air and passes them through his hair nervously.

"I think that not only you and I, but the whole Malibu would know it if John knew what was happening over his head" he chuckles.

"This is amusing to you, really?" Robert shifts to looking mad.

"Yes, it is. You're sweating and you look like you've just seen a ghost" Jeffrey laughs.

"Come on, Jeff, that's enough. He has his reasons for worrying" you caress his chest slowly to match your tone.

"Alright, I'm sorry" he caresses you too and places a soft kiss on the top of your head.

"Okay, where is he now?" Robert even walks all the way to the door frame and carefully looks outside.

"I convinced him to go bring us all coffee and fill the car with gas" Jeffrey assures you.

"What if he saw us?" you gulp nervously just by thinking about it.

"He didn't. When I arrived he told me you were still in your bedroom. The door was closed so he had no idea that it was empty. Thankfully, I knew where to look for next" he smiles ironically.

"That's good, that's good" Robert exhales sharply.

"Why was the door here open? He could've caught you easily" Jeffrey asks with confusion.

"We were reckless, that's why" Robert replies before you get the chance.

"We didn't plan for me to sleep here, otherwise we would have shut the door" you shake your head.

"It doesn't matter now, I was here for the rescue" Jeffrey smiles appealingly.

"Thank you, baby" you squeeze him tighter between your arms as Robert rolls his eyes.

"Come on, let's move it. You have to be far from here when John returns" Robert claps his hands to catch your attention.

"Christ, you're insufferable when you're nervous" Jeffrey messes with him.

"Well, excuse me for not wanting to get caught just hours before this thing is all over" he doesn't seem to like the teasing.

"Let's go, I need to pack the rest of my stuff anyway" you take Jeffrey's hand and start walking away.