Part 17 - Money On My Mind

What a day today has been. The whole morning you were downtown with a couple of your friends, going from shop to shop and spending your money of every piece of clothing and accessory that seemed sweet to your eyes. No holding back, just treating yourself well.

This is why you stepped into the house with as many bags in your hands as you could fit. Before you could reach your bedroom and put the bags to rest, you heard the two familiar manly voices of your dad and Robert echo in your ears.

"Tori, honey, what is all that?" your dad asks with shock in his voice.

"I went shopping" you reply.

"Gucci, Prada, Dior... Versace. I might not be a fashion expert but I'm pretty sure those are expensive. Where did you get that kind of money?" he's confused.

"I saved money by working part time for some time, don't worry about it" you explain.

"Okay, can we at least see what you bought?" he sounds more invested this time.

"Of course" you smile widely.

Both your dad and Robert were standing on their feet and sharing a conversation when they were alone but now they both took a seat and prepared for the big unboxing that's following. For some reason Robert's eyes are playful; not shocked, not confused, just playful and maybe eager.

"I first saw these shoes and I obviously couldn't resist them" you show off a pair of high heels.

"They look lovely. How much did they cost?" your dad asks.

"Uhmm, around 80$" you lie, knowing very well that you're leaving a zero out from the end of this price tag.

Robert quietly chuckles, apparently knowing very well how out of place that amount that you just said is. Fortunately, your dad has no clue about this kind of things so he buys your lie.

"Then this dress, because just... wow. The texture, the shiny details, everything" you mumble.

"That's very beautiful, honey" your dad tries to be supportive.

Robert remains silent, looking carefully at every piece of clothing that you keep showing them. More clothes, more shoes and eventually more accessories. It's been a while since you started unpacking and packing all those bags of shopping and you're still not nearly done.

"I'm sorry, baby, I really have to get to work. I have to admit, everything looks amazing and I'm sure they'll look even better on you" your dad stands up and caresses your shoulder.

"Thank you" you smile and watch him as he walks away.

You're now left with all these bags in front of you and Robert, sitting on the couch with crossed legs and arms rested on the back of the couch. The bossy vibes that he's showing off are insane.

"80$, huh? They must have been on great sale. All of those things actually. Insane luck, Tori" he grins.

"You know I had to hide some expenses. He would have had a heart attack right here and now if he heard the truth" you chuckle.

Robert smiles from ear to ear, knowing that what you just said is completely true. Your dad isn't known as someone who spends that much money on clothes and accessories, or on any other matter actually, mostly because he can't afford it.

"Now how about you tell me how you found that kind of money? Because I don't believe for a second that you worked for it" he says.

You smile, looking at the floor. You don't say a word, instead you walk towards him and slowly sit next to him on the couch. He tilts his head, looking at you with sparkle in his eyes. There's something about that sparkle that makes you giggle every single time he looks at you with it.