Part 20 - Fresh Air

Friday night. You've been invited to a party with some friends, at someone's place. You don't even know who that person is but that doesn't mean you're going to say no to the party.

Adjusting the straps of your fancy dress in the mirror, the fabric clings to your form. Your outfit reflects your eagerness for a night of excitement at the party. It's tight on your body and makes you feel very powerful combined with your intense make up, especially your deep red lipstick.

As you made your way to the front door, the click of your heels echoed in the hallway. Just as you reached for the doorknob, you stumbled upon Robert, who was heading to his car. His eyes widened at the sight of you, momentarily catching his breath.

"Tori, you look... stunning," he says with amazement, his gaze lingering on you.

"Thanks, Robert" you reply with a smile, aware of the impact your appearance has on him.

You felt a subtle thrill, knowing you have his attention. But he quickly catches your attention as well with the way he's dressed. A very beautiful suit is hugging his body perfectly, probably tailored specifically for him. He definitely shaved not very long ago, styled his hair and used a very distinct perfume.

"You look very handsome" you return the compliment.

"Thank you" he smiles, "Where are you heading off to?" he asks.

"I'm off to a house party downtown" you let him know.

"What a nice coincidence, I'm also going downtown. Come on, I'll drive us there" he spins his car keys in his hand.

"I'd love to but I can't" you smile.

"Why not?" he narrows his eyes.

"Someone's picking me up" you shrug.

"What?" he chuckles.

"It's true, my friend's on his way. I didn't know you would offer to take me there" you explain.

"You know I'm willing to take you anywhere" he smirks.

"Of course" you smirk back.

You stare at one another, fighting between staring intensely at each other's eyes and lips. The tension is off the charts, you could jump on each other immediately on the spot. But the sound of your friend pulling up with his car outside the house stops you from doing anything.

"That's my ride" you say.

Robert turns his head and looks at your friend. The sarcastic vibes coming from him are insane. His head is tilted on the side, his eyebrows are elevated and his lips are smiling.

"Nice ride. What is that? His grandfather's first low budget car from 1920?" Robert chuckles with evident judgment.

"Shut up, it's a fine car" you justify it.

"A fine car is the one you refuse to ride" he points at his car with his head.

"We can ride together in it another time. For now, my date is waiting" you grin.

He's quiet as you step away from him and towards the exit. But before you can get too far you hear him speak again.

"Date? I thought he was a friend" he sounds confused.

"Oh, did I say date? My bad" you act innocent.

"Have fun, Tori" he clears his throat, unamused.

"You too, Robert" you turn to face him for a second and wink.

He definitely stands at his current place until you're inside Harry's car. You try your best to not look at Robert at all and you succeed, but it surely kills you to not see him one more time.