Part 28 - Mad About You

"Is it on?" Jeffrey asks.

"Yes, almost starting" Robert replies.

"Tori, are you coming?" Jeffrey then calls for you.

"I'll be right there" you let him know.

It's Wednesday night, meaning that the basketball match they wanted to watch is finally on. You're not enthusiastic at all about it but you're going to join them anyway.

You go to Robert's living room and see them preparing everything. They have beers and pizzas that are enough to feed many more people that live in this house.

"Come here, it started" Jeffrey offers you the spot next to him.

You slowly sit down and he makes sure to hold you close to him with his arms as soon as you do. Resting your head on his shoulder, you start blankly staring at the screen. They're talking a lot about the match but you have no idea who they're referring to, nor what they're talking about.

"Are you not hungry?" Jeffrey asks you during one of the breaks.

"I already had a few, I'm good" you say.

"Okay" he nods and caresses your skin with his hand softly.

Then the two of them go back to their basketball talks that make you want to sleep. Yes, they're passionate about it and even getting in fights between them, but you're so not interested that it's killing you. And this match just doesn't seem to end in your eyes.

"Is it over?" you ask when you notice that the teams are leaving the court.

"That was the first quarter, there are 3 more" Robert explains.

"3 more?" you shoot your eyes open.

"Plus half time. Have you never watched a match before?" Robert sounds genuinely shocked.

"No, I have not" you don't look very happy.

"Here, have another beer" Jeffrey offers you a cold one.

"I still have my first one" you raise it to show it to him.

"What's the matter?" he finally realises your poor mood.

"Nothing's wrong, I'm just bored" you shrug.

"You'll have more fun when the match is over, I promise" he says sweetly and leans into you for a soft kiss on the lips.

You nod and get comfortable again against his body. Once the teams are back on court both their attentions also turn on the screen. The only thing that kept you watching was the few hot athletes that popped up every now and then. But as soon as Robert and Jeffrey went back to discussing how much of a talent one of the players was you knew you had to leave and catch a break.

"I'll be back in a bit" you announce before standing up.

"Okay" Jeffrey nods.

You go back to your room and start texting your friends to pass some time. It was a knock on your door that caught your attention and when you turned your head you saw your dad.

"Hey" you say.

"Hi, honey, I didn't think you'd be home" he looks surprised.

"Yeah, we're staying home tonight. Jeffrey and Robert are watching a match upstairs" you say.

"Oh, that's lovely! I'll go say hi" your dad smiles.

"You should, yes" you smile back to match his mood.

"I'll see you upstairs then" he gently taps on the door before you give him a nod of approval and he leaves.

"Wanna join us for drinks?" you receive a text message from one of your friends.