Part 31 - Careless Whisper

After waking up late and realising that your last days in Malibu have started, you decided to text Robert and see where he is instead of getting out of bed and looking for him. Who knows? Maybe he's home and he can come join you in your sheets for a nice start for the day.

"Are you home?" you text.

"Not at the moment" he replies after a few minutes.

"When?" you sigh as you message him.

"A few hours" the reply only makes you more disappointed.

Since it's the end of the summer almost everyone has left, which means that you're pretty much alone and you hate it. The only person you have left to hang out and have some fun is Robert and he's difficult to convince to do things with.

You even asked your dad if he was up to do something since it's his day off. He suggested either a barbecue or a father-daughter bonding night out but you have different plans in mind for the night so you went with option number one.

"Robert is out but he'll be back soon so I'm going to save him some food" your dad explains when it's finally time for him to start the barbecue.

You nod and try to be helpful with whatever you can think of. Definitely setting the table in the back yard slowly to kill some time, bringing him every tool, towel, seasoning that he wants. You just need to stay occupied until Robert comes back and adds some excitement to your day.

"I'm so bored" you text Jeffrey.

"Is the barbecue not fun?" he asks.

"It'd definitely be better if we weren't just the two of us" you state your concerns.

"Why didn't you invite some of your friends?" he makes it sound so simple.

"Because most of them left and the ones that are here aren't my favourite people to hang out with" you roll your eyes.

"That's the sassy girl I love" he's definitely smiling and so are you.

"I miss hearing that in person" you bite your lip, fantasising.

"You'll be back here hearing it over and over soon" he assures you.

You continued chatting for a long time, and at the same time you kept on helping your dad around as much as you could. After the conversation with Jeffrey came to an end for the time being, your mind only focused on Robert and when he was planning on showing up. Thankfully, that happened while you and your dad were still on the table.

"Here he is" your dad says with excitement since he's the first one to spot Robert.

"Great, you're not finished" Robert smiles, looking at the set table.

"Go get ready and we'll make a plate for you" your dad suggests.

"Thank you, I'll be right back" he rolls the sleeves of his shirt in front of you, making you go feral.

He must know what he's doing, especially while holding that direct eye contact into your soul. It's inevitable for you to cross your legs and take a deep breath to keep yourself under check.

"We'll be here" your dad answers and wakes you up from your daydream.

Robert then nods and turns his back on you to walk away casually. Your self control, though, isn't strong enough to hold you back from looking at the sight of him walking away. Those fancy pants of his make his back side look more beautiful than ever. Unfortunately, you have to turn your attention back to the table before your dad gets suspicious.

"I've got it, daddy" you smile at your dad when he tries to make Robert's plate.

"Okay, sweetie" he smiles back at you and lets you do your thing.