Part 27 - Eventful Surprise

When you arrive at the event, you get out of the car with Jeffrey's assistance and instantly you feel a rush all over your body. Someone takes over your -or should you say Robert's- car, leaving the two of you alone. Jeffrey wraps his arm around your body, specifically behind your lower back and you start walking toward the entrance.

"Morgan" Jeffrey gives his name at the entrance.

The man responsible for the guess looks through the catalog for a few seconds and lifts his head with a smile when he's ready.

"Mr. and Mrs. Morgan, of course. Enjoy your night" he allows you inside with a smile.

"Mrs. Morgan?" you chuckle quietly as you walk down the big hallway.

"I thought it sounded good" he explains.

Both of you are smiling, nothing is ruining that moment. There's classy music playing and you can hear people chatting from all over the place. Your eyes look around for any people that you might recognise, especially celebrities. Of course also Robert, you're dying to see his face when he sees you and Jeffrey here, totally blending in.

"Champagne for my lady" Jeffrey says sweetly after grabbing two glasses from a waitress.

"Thank you very much, my husband" you accept it from his hand kindly.

You settle down at one of the empty spaces to enjoy your drinks as you look around to see what the other people are doing. There are many art pieces on the walls and people are already discussing about them. You clearly don't have enough knowledge nor a strong opinion to engage in a conversation with others, but you gladly share your thoughts between you.

"That's a piece of sh*t" Jeffrey laughs in your ear.

"Jeffrey!" you playfully hit his arm.

You interlock your elbows and casually follow the other people and their journey. Secretly listening to their comments is the highlight of your night. Sophisticated words and people trying to sound more serious than they are. Having to hide your chuckles when walking past them was starting to get difficult.

"I can't believe they're actually buying that stuff. I wouldn't give more than 10$" he keeps on being ironic.

"Baby, I know this isn't our style but please, for the love of God, at least act like you're a tiny bit invested in this" you look into his eyes.

"You're right, I'm sorry" he rests his forehead against yours.

You're wearing high heels that make you much closer to Jeffrey's height than usual. One of the benefits of having a tall man is that he's going to be taller than you no matter what you wear.

"I like this one" he finally says something positive about one of the paintings.

"You know what? This is actually really beautiful" you say softly.

You both stand in front of it, his hand on your lower back once again. The intense colours and expressions of the painting really make you feel all the right feelings while looking at it.

"This is one of my favourites" a random woman appears next to you and comments on the same painting.

"I can see why, it really stands out" you smile at her.

"Most people here care about the popular pieces. I mean, they are obviously good but I love the unappreciated ones more" she says.

Jeffrey doesn't have something to add so he just listens to your conversation. He only adds a simple comment or smiles at the two of you since you seem to love the way the conversation is going.