Part 21 - Daylight

It's been a few days since that encounter with Robert. Between your dad being home, Robert having to work and your own activities, it becomes difficult to find alone time for the two of you. But today you woke up to a nice surprise.

"What the hell?" you wonder when you see a magazine on the nightstand next to you.

You do your morning stretch on the bed and then take the magazine in your hands. A small piece of paper is on top of it, saying page 5. You quickly remember that he said he'd give you a copy of his article once it was published.

You make sure to get up and do your morning routine before you get back in bed to read the article. It's actually exciting for you to finally read his work. Yes, you've heard him speak about his work, you've even seen him typing some times, but you haven't actually read it yet.

"Let's see what's the fuzz about, Mr. Downey" you murmur before turning to page 5.

As you flip the pages of the art magazine given by Robert, you find yourself amazed by his words. His article unfolds like a canvas, each sentence revealing his passion for the artistic world. You are captivated by the elegance with which he describes the emotions embedded in the featured artworks. It's a side of Robert you hadn't fully glimpsed before—a depth and sophistication that extend beyond his charm.

As you absorb his perspectives, you realise you have never encountered art criticism presented in such a personal manner. Robert's words touch you, helping you understand that his work is more than what you've thought all this time. The experience leaves you with a newfound appreciation for the art world and a subtle sense of admiration for Robert.

Just when you're ready to get on your feet and go find Robert, you notice something that's a little bit off. Your top drawer is slightly open, it has been like this all this time. Shock instantly rushes through your body when you open the drawer completely and look through it only to find out that it's missing something. Not something random. It's missing your toy. Your vibrator.

"Damn it, Robert" you complain and close it with force.

That doesn't make you give up, though. Your plan to find him remains the same. So you take the magazine and, after checking that your dad's room is empty and his car is gone, you go upstairs. The first thing you see is an empty cup of coffee, indicating that he already had his breakfast.

"Robert?" you call his name.

He's nowhere to be found so you walk around in case you stubble across him. He's not in the living room, nor his bedroom, nor the balconies. You're about to give up when you turn around but he suddenly appears in front of you.

"Sh*t" you practically jump.

"I see you got my gift" he smiles, looking at the magazine in your hand.

"Yes, I did" you nod.

"And? What do you think?" he asks patiently.

"Good work, Mr. Downey. You almost managed to make me interested in art" you can't keep your smile entirely back.

"I'm good with my words, Tori" he brings his hand slowly up, touching your collarbones, your neck, and then your cheek.

He pulls you into him for a very slow, knee-weakening kiss. The magazine instantly falls from your hand to the floor, it's the least of your worries. His tongue teases your lips until you accept it and deepen the kiss even further. One of your hands pulls him in by his shirt and the other does the same from the back of his hair. During the kiss, you lower to hand to his pants and touch the hard material in his pocket, which makes you smile.

"Not so fast" he grabs your wrist to stop you.

"I believe that's mine" you say against his lips.

"What, this?" he smirks and takes your toy out of his pocket with pride.