Part 23 - Bad Habits

It's after his work hours so you and Jeffrey are both ready for your usual video call. It's been a while since he last visited and you are missing him a lot. Thankfully, this topic has been well addressed lately between the two of you and you know he's planning on visiting soon.

"Hey, handsome" you smile when you see him.

"Hello, baby" he also smiles, making you blush.

"How are you?" you ask.

"I'm good. Work was good, I had a nice bath" he says casually, "How about you? You look comfortable" he comments.

You're lying on the bed in your pyjamas. Even if it's the evening you're still in them because you barely left the bed. Basically coffee and food were the main reasons you left your bed today.

"Well, I decided to take naps and watch episodes all day today" you shrug.

"Sounds like a typical winter day for you" he chuckles, "But why are you doing that today? Is the weather not good?" he asks.

"The weather is fine" you say quietly.

"Then why don't you go for a swim?" he's confused.

"Because I'm bored. I'm bored of going on swims with the same friends. Honestly I don't even like them that much" you admit.

"Baby, this is what vacation feels like. Your day isn't supposed to be busy, you're there to enjoy the sun and the relaxation" he smiles nicely.

"I just wish I could enjoy these things with you. When are you coming here again?" you sound sad.

"I was going to talk to you about that. I will request the week after this one off. I can be there next Friday, we'll have 10 days to ourselves" he sounds so sweet.

"That's amazing! It's been almost two months and I've only seen you for a week, that's not enough" you sigh.

"I know, baby, I know. I love you so much, this long distance thing is hurting me, too. But we'll see each other and then it'll only be less than a month left" he smiles again.

"That made the situation sound much better, thank you" your warm smile appears.

From there, your conversation continues about anything random that comes up. Just enjoying each other's company actually. Hearing his laugh, seeing his beautiful smile and refreshing the sound of his hot, deep, raspy voice, all brought you so much happiness.

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask, what is that fancy envelope next to you?" he asks out of the blue.

"Oh, that" you sound disappointed.

"Yeah" he looks at the screen with more focus.

"It is an invitation that was sent to Robert about one of his events" you explain.

"Are you going together?" Jeffrey asks.

"No" you chuckle, "He said it would be too risky and that he doesn't want his reputation to be stigmatised or whatever" you roll your eyes.

"He doesn't know what he's missing, baby" he reassures you.

"On one hand, I agree with you. Because, let me tell you, I would look so hot at that event that he wouldn't even think about other people's opinions" you start.

"Damn right, you would" he smirks, probably picturing it in his head.

"On the other hand though, he's right. I mean, what would we even say to my dad about it? As far as he knows, me and Robert are barely on the friendly basis" you add.