Chapter 32: Preparations

In Menagerie at night, Blake is seen standing outside her father's office on the second floor. As she takes a glance at the pictures of the Vytal Festival, she places her scroll away as footsteps are heard approaching. It was Kali as she brought a tray with a tea set inside.

Kali: "You know, you can always go in and say hi." (Blake gets startled)

Blake: "I don't wanna bother him."

Kali: "A father's never too busy for his daughter."

Blake: "Not all of my friends would agree with you on that."

Kali: "Here."

Kali gives Blake the tray and kisses her on the cheek as she starts to leave.

Blake (Confused): "What? Where are you going?" (Kali chuckles)

Kali: "You've never been very talkative, but that boy you brought home sure loves to run his mouth

Kali: "You've never been very talkative, but that boy you brought home sure loves to run his mouth. I wanna hear more adventures of team RWBY, Elite Operatives, and the Autobots."

As she walks away, she leaves Blake with the tray. As Blake thinks to herself, her thoughts are suddenly interrupted.

Ghira (Calling from his office.): "Kali? Is that you, dear?"

Blake faces the door as her grip shakes. She hesitates for a moment before she decides to go inside.
Meanwhile at the front of the Belladonna household, Ratchet sits by the stairway and cleans the Blade of Drifts katana. As he does so, he is overwhelmed with thoughts of everything that has happened, from the aftermath of the Fall of Beacon, rescuing remaining civilians, and salvaging everything that was lost.

Ratchet: (Thinking out loud) "Why does everything seem more difficult as the war progresses?"

Suddenly he sees Sun running back to the house.

Ratchet: "Sun, what is it? Why are you running?"

Sun: (Catching his breath) "Ratchet, where's Blake? It's urgent!"

Ratchet: "Only Mrs. Belladonna would know-."

Kali: (As she approaches) "She's with her father at his study. What's wrong?"

Sun: "I saw someone wearing a mask earlier today! I think it's someone from the White Fang!" (Kali gasps)

Ratchet: "What?!"

Kali: "That doesn't make any sense! The White Fang doesn't wear masks here in Menagerie, are you sure?"

Sun: "Absolutely! I have to warn Blake!"

Ratchet: "If you need me I'll be on standby!"

Sun: "Thanks, Doc!"

As Sun runs upstairs, Ratchet places Drift's katana aside and gets ready. Kali then looks at Ratchet with concern.

Kali: "Are we in danger?"

Ratchet: "Let's not jump to that conclusion just yet. However, I fear as if the visit from those two individuals was a way to spy on us." (Kali gasps)