CHAPTER 17

The world was on fire and no one could save me but you.

Akshara’s whole body trembled in Abhimanyu’s embrace. She couldn’t stop shivering. That haunting scenario kept flashing in front of her eyes. Her vision was blurred due to all the tears, which made it impossible for her to see Abhimanyu’s face. Abhimanyu, who at the moment was feeling mixed emotions. He was angry. He was hurt. Angry at the man who did such thing to his precious girl. Hurt because he wasn’t there to save her. But this blame game can wait. He needed to know who did this. He needed to bury that person six feet deep, alive.

“Akshara. Baby, look at me. I need you to tell me who did this.” His voice was soft. Despite going through a whirlwind of emotions, he made sure to be gentle with her. They both were currently sitting on a couch in his living room, his arms wrapped around her petite body protectively while she had her face buried in the crook of his neck as she sobbed.

“You don’t have to be scared. I’m here. I won’t let anything happen to you. Please tell me the name Akshara. I will fucking kill that guy!!” His grip got tighter on her causing her to wince slightly before she lifted her head to look at him.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t… “ That’s when he saw bruises on her upper arm and that was it for him. “His name, now!!!” His voice raised slightly. His hands cupped her cheeks gently as he demanded an answer.

“Dr. Aditya.” Her whole body shuddered as she took the devil’s name. She could see blood in Abhimanyu’s eyes. Blood in the form of hatred, revenge, and anger. She saw him process his thoughts for a few seconds before he took out his phone and dialed Srishti’s number.

“Is your fucking boyfriend at the hospital or at home? I need an answer, Srishti. Right now!! Tell him he better hide if he can.” The moment he cut the call, he got off the couch and took his car keys before charging towards the front door.

“Abhimanyu please. Don’t do anything stupid. You know how powerful he is and….” Akshara ran behind a raging Abhimanyu in order to stop him but she knew exactly how possessive and protective Abhimanyu was.

“I don’t fucking care. I said it before too Akshara. No one is allowed to touch you!!” Tears. There were tears in his eyes. This man was crying because of her. The Abhimanyu Birla was crying for the only girl he has ever loved.

“Abhi I need you, Abhi!” She screamed as he started to walk away. He turned around to face her before coming up to her and cupping her face in his hands. “I’ll come back to you, I promise.” He placed a quick kiss on her forehead.