CHAPTER 30

All's well that end's well to end up with you.

Abhimanyu couldn't even remember the last time when he had been so much focused on saving someone's life. Yes, he did give his best every time he had stood in an operation theatre. But this time, he felt like giving all he had. For a moment, he felt like he wasn't saving the person in front of him, but he was saving himself, his brother, and his goodness. Something that he had craved for four years.

A normal person would've wanted to take revenge and end it for once, and for all but not him. He couldn't make himself do that. All the memories of his brother, all the things his Akshara made him realise, overcame the hate inside him. His Akshara. The one who forgave his wicked game so easily. The one who made him believe that one can come out of darkness only with the help of light, and today, he was doing the same thing. He was done finding solace in the wrong and the dark.

After hours of long surgery, Abhimanyu came out of the operation theatre. The Goenka family was pacing outside the ward while Akshara was still in Abhimanyu’s cabin, praying for her Abhi to get rid of the past and its pain this time. Kartik was the first one to notice Abhimanyu and immediately went towards him. His content face showed he had won the war, but he looked defeated at the same time. One should know better that there's no victory or loss in a game, so wicked.

"How's my brother?" Kartik asked as soon as Abhimanyu stopped in front of him. Kartik's eyes, which were shooting daggers at Abhimanyu in the morning, were now lowered in shame.

"I saved him." Abhimanyu was trying to make himself believe rather than answering it to Kartik.

"I... saved him." He repeated yet again and met Aarohi's guilt filled eyes as she approached them.

"He's going to live." Abhimanyu continued. His eyes never leaving Aarohi. He wanted her to get the message. Her father was going to live. Her father's going to live because of someone who happened to be the brother of the boy they murdered. But most of all, his father is going to live with all the guilt. It will remain heavy on his chest forever.

"I'm so sorry." Aarohi had gotten the message loud and clear. She knew what Abhimanyu’s silence meant. He had left everything to his God, and the guilt and pain had already started weighing down on her, making it hard for her to breathe.

"Please. I know it's hard to forgive what I did, but please... don't leave me hanging like this. I deserve to be punished for this. I won't be able to live with this." She cried. She never thought she would yearn for the punishment of her sins like this. All of this was suffocating her.

"Then don't." They all heard Akshara's voice behind them as she approached the group.

"My Abhi doesn't owe you anything. I.... I feel ashamed to be related to you, Aarohi. It disgusts me. It disgusts me that I'm related to someone who has hurt my Abhi." Akshara placed her hand in the palm of Abhimanyu before gripping tightly onto it, squeezing it tightly and then assuring him that she's with him. Always.

"My brother.... he loved you so much. Please remember this and keep remembering this all the time until you feel your own feelings choking you, and then it'll get hard for you to live. I pray for your long life, Aarohi. Don't show me your face ever again." By saying this, he walked off, leaving a stunned Aarohi behind.

"Naira, stay with her until Ritesh gets discharged. Tell him his brother died. I don't want to keep any relation with them." Kartik announced as Akshara looked at him in surprise while Aarohi sobbed uncontrollably.