CHAPTER 29

I'd say I love you even at your darkest.

Akshara reached the parking lot as fast as she could, but the moment she got there, she saw that Abhimanyu had already left in his car. Her hands went into her hair in frustration as she cursed her fate for throwing everything at once at her. Her insides scream, but she composed herself. She needed to be with Abhimanyu right now. She wasn't going to let her man face anything alone from now on.

"Akshi." She was about to get out of the building compound in search of an auto, but her mother's voice made her stop and turn around.

"Maa, not now. I need to get to Abhi. Please, he needs me." Akshara begged her parents, avoiding any further argument before she again moved to get out of the parking lot only to be stopped by her father.

"Akshara, we need to go to the hospital. Ritesh just had a heart attack. We need to get to him and Aarohi." Kartik gave her the news, making her halt in her steps as she looked at her parents in shock.

"What?" Distractions again. But she needed to prioritize Abhimanyu this time.

"Papa, Abhi. I can't... leave him." Akshara cried. She wasn't going to repeat her mistakes yet again.

"Akshara, please. Ritesh is admitted to the same hospital you work in. We need to go right now." Realization dawned upon her. Fate was finally working in her favour.

"Fine. Let's go." She said before Kartik opened the car gate for her, and she moved towards it before stopping and looking at her father straight in the eyes.

"But you've got to listen to what I'm going to tell you both now." Akshara said, and Kartik - Naira exchanged looks before nodding their heads.

Abhimanyu entered the hospital, his mind going back to the fact that Aarohi and Ritesh were back in town. The fire that was long extinguished gained flame again. His revenge mindset was long gone, but that didn't mean he was at peace. And how could he? When he was never able to do something for the innocent life of his brother.

"Sir. We've the patient admitted right now. He had suffered from myocardial infarction. We've administered him nitroglycerin as per Dr. Viren's suggestion. He also thinks we should gear up for a bypass surgery along with the STENT placement." Dr. Karan filled Abhimanyu with all the information.

"Dr. Viren is still busy with his other surgery?" Abhimanyu asked, and Dr. Karan nodded in response.

"Alright. Gear up for the surgery and..." Before he could complete, he heard a crying plea of a woman behind him.

Abhimanyu immediately turned around to look, and his eyes couldn't believe the sight. Aarohi Goenka standing in front of him. Begging him to save his father. She definitely couldn't recognize him because she's never met him, but Abhimanyu, how can he ever forget this wicked woman? The one who destroyed not one but three lives.

"Doctor, please save my father. He's all I have! Please save him!! I beg you!!" Aarohi cried as she folded her hands in front of Abhimanyu, begging him to save her father.

'You can't do this to me, Neil!! You're all I have!! Please come back!!!'

His own haunting screams rang in his ears, and he was suddenly deported four years back when he saw the lifeless body of his brother. He was begging in the same way, but no one listened to him, not even God.