50 | the winter ball

I spent another hour in bed scrolling on my phone after I received the dress. Astoria went back to her dorm, so I was left with my conflicted thoughts eating away at me.

I was so anxious, for so many reasons. Mila, it said. Only Mattheo had ever called me that, and he only called me that once and I loved it. So he must've sent it, surely? Unless it's someone playing tricks on me.

But if he sent it, then that means he's okay. He's safe, he'll come back to me.

Right now, I'm about half an hour late to the ball, but I managed to get into the dress and the heels nicely, both of them fitting perfectly. I had the perfect set of jewellery to go with the dress, and I was pretty much done getting dressed. I got my hair done by Astoria before she left to go with Theo to the ball, and I did my makeup by myself.

I rush through the hallways, my heels making noise that echoes throughout the castle as I scurry on over to the hall

I rush through the hallways, my heels making noise that echoes throughout the castle as I scurry on over to the hall. But on my way there, someone stops me, and I look up to find the fucking blonde ferret in my path.

"Oh wow." He gasps. "I must say Camila, you look sexy." He chuckles and I attempt to continue walking. "Uh, stop there."

"What?"

"It's a shame that your little boyfriend isn't here to be with you, am I right?" He laughs.

"How do you know he's not coming?" I say with a slight smirk, but my face drops when he looks down and chuckles, making the plaster on his nose a bit more visible. He looks back up again with a sigh.

"Oh Camila, Camila, Camila." He tuts. "My father has the best intel at the Ministry and truth be told that your little rat has been shipped off to Azkaban!" He chuckles, his menacing laugh piercing my ears as my heart falls out of my chest.

I continue walking trying to get away from him, but he continues to follow me down the corridor. "Come back dear, I'm not done with you!"

My heart rate quickens as my eyes begin to water, my vision going slightly blurry, suddenly, he pushes me against the wall, his hands locking my hands in place so I can't move.

"Go to hell you stupid fuck." I spit and he rolls his tongue across the inside of his bottom lip, not looking anywhere near as hot as when Mattheo used to do it.

"I can't wait to have a piece of you-" suddenly, a hand twists Draco around and the other fist knocks him straight in the face, right in the place where I punched him last, he groans in pain and falls to the floor, and my eyes widen to find Mattheo gripping him by the collar and beating him with full force.

He keeps going and my hands slap over my mouth as I watch it all unfold. "Mattheo-" I mutter and he instantly stops, hearing my voice and standing up straight to look at me. I scan his face and his body with tears in my eyes, noticing his messy hair and waistcoat and suit he's wearing.

"Mila-" He rushes up to me and wraps his arms around me, embracing me in a long awaited warm hug. He holds me tight and we stay like that for a couple of moments before we let go, and he holds my face in his hands. "God I missed you so much."