Chapter 17

Athalia's POV

When I arrived at the mansion, I caught mom talking to a man with a very familiar silhouette.

I walked up to them and they both looked at my direction.

Agad na napakunot ang noo ko nang makita si Damascus na kausap ang aking ina.

"Athalia! You're finally here. Damascus and I were just talking about your upcoming engagement." my mother excitedly squealed making my brows frowned.

Agad na nagpintig ang aking tenga mula sa kanyang sinabi.

Damascus smiled at my mother and didn't bother giving me a look in the eye. It was like we don't know each other.

Fuck you, Damascus.

"What?!" malakas na singhal ko na ikinatigil niya.

"Damascus it's already getting late. You should probably go now. The maids will escort you outside to your car." my mother smiled at him.

The maids escorted him towards the door that was just behind me. Lalagpasan na sana ako nito pero nahuli ko ang mga mata niya na nakatingin sa'kin.

I glared at Damascus. "Explain this to me." I whispered to him full of authority.

Ngumisi lang ito at tuluyan akong nilagpasan.

When the door finally closed, the warm smile vanished on my mother's face.

"What the fuck was that?" mariing tanong ko.

"Damascus and I talked about your engagement-"

"The fuck?! I'm just a minor and you are already planning my life?!" hindi makapaniwalang sambit ko.

"I am your mother, Athalia! I know what's good for you!"

"No! Because you don't care about your daughter! You don't even listen so how could you conclude that you know me?!"

"Mother... can you just for once.... ask if I am okay? As a mother... can you check on me if I am agreeing with all of this?"

Natigilan ito sa mga sinabi ko, lumapit ito sa akin at mariing hinawakan ang aking braso.

"You listen to me, Athalia." she demanded full of authority.

Agad ko na tinabing ang kamay nito sa braso ko dahilan para tignan niya ako ng masama. I've lost my patience.

"I will fucking not marry that guy. Over my dead body. I'd rather die being single than marry a man whom I not love. I have no plans on making the same mistake you and dad make. An arrange marriage? Fuck no."

"I have my rights to do and decide whatever I want. You raised me to be like that, right? Pinalaki mo ako para gumawa ng mga desisyon para sa sarili ko, ngayon ginagamit ko na ang mga iyon."

Mabilis na dumapo ang palad niya sa mukha ko dahilan para mapabaling ito sa kaliwa.

"Anak lang kita, kaya kitang itakwil." mother said full of range and authority.

She was glaring at me. Natigilan ako.

Napatingin ako sa ibang direksyon nang hindi na malaman ang sasabihin. I lost my words.

"Sana hindi kita naging anak, Athalia." she uttered with disappointment.

The way her words struck through me was like daggers being stabbed in my heart.

I balled my fist trying to stop the urge to cry infront of her. Desperately trying to kill my overflowing emotions.

When will my feelings be valid enough as your daughter?