Chapter 22

Athalia's POV

"Ate! Smile at the camera!" napatingin ako kay Eulalia ng iniharap nito sa'kin ang camerang dala niya.

Yumakap siya sa'kin at inilapit ang camera para makunan nito ang pagyayakapan namin.

"My loving ate Athalia!" malakas na tili niya.

Napangiti ako sa camera at kumindat.

"Gosh, I love the beach! How about ikaw ate?" tanong ni Eulalia habang nakayapos sa'kin.

"Yeah." maikling sabi ko at tumingin sa camera.

My smile widened when I saw how happy Eulalia is. She always asked me to take her here at the beach every weekends, to rewind.

"Ate look here!" malakas na tili niya pa habang naglalakad sa dagat, hawak ang camera.

The sun was shining brightly on a beautiful, sunny day at the beach with crystal-clear waters stretching as far as the eye can see.

Nakapamulsang naglalakad ako sa likod niya, natatawa sa pinagagagawa ng aking kapatid.

She was looking for shells while filming but the waves kept on distracting her.

I flinched in surprise when she splashed me with water.

Gumanti ako, dahilan para malakas siyang mapatili.

Hanggang sa naghampasan kami ng tubig. The sound of laughter filled the air, with the salty breeze cooling my skin and the sun shining down on our wet hair.

The two of us splashed in the ocean, running through the waves and giggling with each other. We were having the time of our lives, with the sun shining brightly and the salty water rushing past us.

Tumakbo kami sa tabi lamang ng dalampasigan, malaya habang ang mga ibong pumailanglang sa langit na puno ng malalambot na ulap.

We sat near the seashore, bathed in the glorious light of the setting sun. The waves lapped gently at the shore, their hypnotic rhythm soothing us as we sat in companionable silence.

Then Eulalia spoke.

"Ang ganda ate." Eulalia said with her head on my shoulder as we gazed upon the beautiful sunset by the beach.

"Sobra." pagsang ayon ko.

"I hope this day never ends." she said in monotone.

"Mhm-mmm,"

Kinuha niya ulit ang camera at itinutok sa'min.

"Smile!" she winked and flashed me a peace sign.

I smiled back, playfully pouting my lips as I tried to hide my embarrassment.

The scene was one of pure bliss, and I couldn't help but notice how beautiful and peaceful everything was, with the sun setting over the vast horizon in shades of red and gold.

I hope this day never ends.

"Ate?" she called.

"Hmm?"

"Don't leave me, ate. Whatever happens, can you promise me that you won't leave me?" she asked, that made my brows frowned.

"Hindi kita iiwan, Eulalia. Pangako." I assured and she sigh in relief.

Why does it sounded like there is something more deeper?

Napailing ako.

"Ako din ate! I won't leave you, promise 'yan!" she cheerfully said.

"Proprotektahan kita, Eulalia. Hanggang sa aking huling hininga. I will be your shield until the very end."

***