Chapter 34

Athalia's POV

"Tita mommy!" I turned around seeing a kid running towards me.

She giggled and started fastening her walking pace, and soon enough she ran with her cute little legs.

Wearing a cute white flowy baby dress with a big pink ribbon on the back of the dress. White pearl accessories attached on her hair to complete her outfit.

I bended my knees enough for her height as I extended my arms widely.

"Artemis!" masayang bati ko nang mahigpit niya akong sinalubong ng yakap.

"Tita mommy! I missed you po!" she giggled cutely and pinched my cheeks.

I cradled her as I wrap my arms to make sure she doesn't fall. She's getting heavier as time passes and slowly she is starting to resemble her mother.

"Si mama mo?" tanong ko.

"Hospital." maikling sagot niya habang nakahawak pa din sa pisnge ko.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit ang hilig niya na pagtripan ang pisnge ko. I don't mind though, its just that slowly its becoming her hobby whenever her mother let me babysit her.

We walked to my car as she wrapped her one arm to my neck while the other is still on my cheek.

Binuksan ko ang pinto ng kotse sa may bandang shot gun seat kung saan nakalagay ang baby seat na binili ko.

"Tita mommy is this mine po?!" finally, binitawan niya ang pisnge ko at bilog na matang tinignan ang pink na baby seat.

Her eyes is like the carbon copy of her mother.

"Yup! Nagustuhan mo?" dahan-dahan ko siyang inilapag sa upuan niya at nanggigil na pinisil ang kanyang pisnge.

"Yes po! Its pretty like Artemis." she said referring to herself.

I nodded and closed the door before turning around to the driver's seat. I opened the car door and sat down fastening my seat belt.

I handed her some gummy bears I bought just to shift her attention while I drive. And luckily it worked, she was busy eating as I started the engine droving off peacefully and soon enough, we arrived at the headquarters.

Nag park muna ako bago naunang bumaba ng sasakyan. Umikot ako para puntahan ang kinauupuan ni Artemis bago siya tinulungang bumaba.

Hinawakan ko siya sa may kili-kili at handa na sanang kargahin siya nang umangal ito.

"Me na po, tita mommy." aniya at humiwalay sa hawak ko.

My lips slightly parted in shock. She always wanted to be carried but seeing her walking means she is already growing up.

Masyadong mabilis naman kung ganun.

She snaked her arms around my hand as we walk inside the HQ.

"Ay bakit nanaman may bubwit dito?" kunwareng iritadong bungad ni Damascus sa amin.

"Tita mommy why do you let cockroaches inside your HQ?" she asked innocently, loud enough for Damascus to hear.

Agad naman na nagreact ang isa nang hindi makapaniwala sa narinig.

"Anak ng-"

"Artemis, don't call him a cockroach okay? Its a dirty word." suway ko sa bata.

"Okay po tita mommy. Hi tito Damask!" she smiled widely and waved to Damascus.

Nakita ko kung paalo umikot ang mata ni Damascus bago pilit na ngumiti sa bata.

"Hay naku, kung hindi ka lang cute sinapak na kita."