𝓉𝓌𝑜🌿

Heavy breathing noises filled hazels ears as she struggled to breathe while running through the forest. Her lungs burned because they were much weaker than spiders, she stopped running and placed her hands on her knees. The sound of her oxygen mask filled the silence in the forest, "my god I hate my life" she choked out before sitting on the ground.

Once she got her breathing under control she looked around at the beautiful forest that glowed many different vibrant colors, the sounds of bugs and other creatures harmonized as if eywa herself was speaking.

She heard a twig snap near her so she quickly got up and looked around trying her best to not panic. "If you're a viperwolf and you want to eat me I can assure you there's not much meat on these little bones my guy!" She shouted before laughing at her own joke.

Just before she could panic Neteyam stepped out from behind a tree, Hazel let out a sigh of relief "my savior is here again oh my what must I give you for your brave act"  she spoke in a fake earth accent that she learned from the old movies she would watch on norms computer.

Neteyam chuckled "you can make me another necklace"  Hazel tucked a strand of hair behind her ear "good thing I've been making you like a million" she giggled while walking next to the boy

Neteyam chuckled "you can make me another necklace"  Hazel tucked a strand of hair behind her ear "good thing I've been making you like a million" she giggled while walking next to the boy. They walked in silence for a few minutes until Neteyam decided to speak "I'm worried about you Hazel" the human girl grabbed his arm making him face her. "Stop worrying about me Neteyam, one day I'll die and you'll need to forget me" she bit her tongue to hold back her tears.

Neteyam shook his head "you are my best friend I could never forget you" he murmured while trying his best not to break down. Hazels eyes shifted to each and every single glowing white dot on his body, it reminded her of the stars. "You promise?" She whispered as one single tear rolled down her cold pale cheek.

Neteyam used his thumb to wipe her tears away, "I promise. Besides you're not allowed to die on me" he flicked her forehead gently. "Ouch! Get your freakishly big ass finger away from me" she squealed as Neteyam began poking her. "Says the one with baby fingers"

His pupils dilated at the sight of her smiling ear to ear, her eyes were glowing like they used to. She genuinely seemed happy in that moment. Everything felt like it was going in slow motion.

If his eyes were a camera he would have a trillion pictures of her.

Hazels mask beeped indicating she was running out of oxygen so the two of them quit messing around. "Oh my god I hate not being able to breathe your air it's not fair" she whined while walking quickly.

Neteyam placed his hands on the side of his mouth making yipping noises. "I can't blame you, human air sucks ass" he laughed loudly. Hazel turned around while still walking "your mom" she lifted up both of her middle fingers before sticking her tongue out.

A loud screeching noise freaked the girl out so bad that she fell to the ground screaming bloody murder "is this it for me!" She screamed thinking she was going to get eaten alive.

Neteyam grabbed her hand pulling her up "let's ride my ikran we will get to the lab faster this way" he told her. Hazel placed a hand on her chest and sighed "it's just fíe thank god because I was about to have a heart attack"

Neteyam grabbed her waist lifting her up onto the banshee before hopping on behind her. He made the bond and not even a second later the banshee took off into the air.

Hazel was different, she had no fear in her heart. No matter how high Neteyam would go she would stare in awe at the beauty of the forest.

Hazels light colored eyes darted towards every single thing she could look at before they landed near the lab. Neteyam hopped off of his ikran before going to help the girl down. Hazel swatted his hands away "I can get down by myself" a smug look formed on her face as she attempted to get off of the ikran.

She slipped and fell face first into the mud, neteyam covered his mouth and turned around to hide that he was in fact laughing. "Wow I really hate it here now like no joke" she giggled obnoxiously while standing and wiping some of the mud off of her face.

"I'll see you tomorrow human girl" Neteyam snickered at the sight of her covered in mud from head to toe. Hazel stuck out her tongue "you're lucky I don't throw some of this at you monkey boy"  she jokingly warned him before walking towards the lab.

Neteyam waited until she was inside before leaping on his ikran and heading home.