𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒🌿

Hazel lay in her hammock staring at the empty one beside her. Neteyam was supposed to sleep in that one but he was nowhere to be found. She huffed quietly before opening up the hammock and grabbing onto the tree branch above her head. She grunted a bit as she struggled due to her not being used to things like this.

Just as she was about to slip a hand grabbed her arm effortlessly pulling her up. Once she gained a bit of balance she looked up at who was holding onto her arm, she seen that it was a guy her age. He had shoulder length dreads that were pulled back into a lower ponytail, his hair had a few beads ingrained in it as well. His build made him seem like a warrior but she didn't know for sure. His eyes were big but that made him stand out more.

"You're welcome" he snapped at her while releasing her arm from his grasp. Hazel tilted her head to the side dramatically furrowing her brows together "wow I was going to say thank you but now you can kiss my ass" she spat, the girl looked him up and down in disgust before turning on her heels and walking away.

The na'vi boy followed her "what does that even mean?" He asked while walking beside her, Hazel sighed loudly showing her annoyance, "it's like butt but sky people say ass" she explained. The boy stared at her with widened eyes, "if you stare like that any longer your eyes will pop out your goddamn eye sockets" she teased as she leapt onto another tree branch.

The boy sucked his teeth "you're just..interesting. Anyways I never got your name" he murmured while continuing to follow her. Hazel rolled her eyes "my name is Hazel what's yours?" She almost tripped but the boy caught her "you're like a baby" he hissed lowly "im xey'su" he added while still holding onto the girls arm. "xey'su! where have you been bro i've been looking for you" neteyam exclaimed as he made his way over to the pair. his braids swayed slightly with every step that he took, "i've been here saving the weird human girl from falling to her death" he snickered before finally releasing her arm.

"does it look like im human dumbass?" hazel hissed lowly at him. xey'su turned to look at neteyam before facing the slim girl next to him, "you're not a real na'vi so yes you are a human" he sneered before roughly pushing past her. hazels eyes widened at his sudden action, just as she went to go after him neteyam grabbed her wrist stopping her, "don't, he needs time to warm up to you but after that he's cool" he mumbled while staring at the unique bioluminescent dots on her face.

hazel huffed loudly "he can kiss my ass he's so rude" she rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms. neteyam shot her a toothy grin "come with me to hangout with my friends" he offered. hazel tilted her head slowly while chewing on her lower lip, "fine let's go"

the two best friends lept from one tree branch to another as they ran through the forest that grew even more vibrant as the light faded away from the sky

the two best friends lept from one tree branch to another as they ran through the forest that grew even more vibrant as the light faded away from the sky. hazel laughed loudly as she ran, she looked down at the spots that glowed whenever she took a step. "wow this is totally insane cuz!" she shrieked before jumping and grabbing a hold of a tree branch that was above them.

neteyam watched as she swung her body to the other tree branch, he was impressed when he seen how effortlessly she did it, he mimicked her moves before finally catching up to her, "wait til you see the sacred tree" he breathlessly stated while looking down at his friends that were laughing and drinking.

hazel turned around and began walking backwards, "the tree of souls? norm told me about that, when can i go see it?" a look of curiosity washed over her face. neteyam looked at her and smiled, "whenever you are one of the people" neteyam jumped down onto the forest floor, hazel hesitated but then did the same. "neteyam the mightiest warrior the omaticya have ever seen!" a friend of his came up and greeted him.

hazel plopped down next to a few girls that were gathered around the small fire. she heard them start to whisper but she ignored it. "do you have parents?" one of the girls blurted out. hazel closed her eyes and sighed "do you have a dad?" she shot back earning a unanimous gasp from the girls. "my father died at the war against the sky people" one of the girls croaked. hazel rolled her eyes "my dad died at the war against the navi" she shrugged before tracing lines in the soil.

the group of girls looked at each other, "that's not something to be proud about" the girl choked out. hazel groaned in annoyance "yeah none of us should be proud of it both of our dads lost like a bunch of little bi-" hazel was cut off by the girl hissing, "Demon!" she sneered while looking hazel up and down. hazels nose creased as she hissed back, neteyam and the others stared at the two angry girls who were hissing at each other still.

neteyam grabbed hazels upper arm pulling her up, "sorry for my friend she's.."  hazels head snapped up at him "neteyam don't even"  she whispered. "she's just tired reyâ she has a lot to do tomorrow so we will head out" he awkwardly smiled. "this is reyǎ? god she looks worse up close" hazel smirked when she seen how pissed reyǎ got. she stood up and tried to get in hazels face but neteyam got between them, "don't touch her alright" he firmly stated while staring intensely into reyâs eyes.

the girl hissed quietly before turning away from him. neteyam pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded before pulling hazel along with him as they headed back to hometree.