𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 🌿

The entire omaticyan clan gathered around the tree of souls as they began the comatose ritual for Hazel.

Her bare human body lay on her side as the bioluminescent roots from the sacred tree worked its way up into the back of her neck

Her bare human body lay on her side as the bioluminescent roots from the sacred tree worked its way up into the back of her neck. Her avatar body was placed across from her laying in the same position. The sounds of drums filled the air as the na'vi swayed their bodies back and forth then in a circle before repeating mo'ats prayers to eywa.

Neteyam crouched down next to hazels human body, he stared at her face while holding onto her limp hand tightly. "Hear us please great mother! Take this child's spirit into you and breathe her back out to us, let her walk amongst us as one of the people!" Mo'at shouted.

Eywas strong presence caused mo'ats eyes to roll back as her body shook and swayed "my eywa my eywa oh my eywa" she muttered under her breath before pausing. Mo'at held a hand up into the air before shouting "frapo lu fnu!"

Everyone fell silent and stared at Hazel and her avatar waiting to see if the ritual was successful. Neteyam looked up at mo'at, "what's happening did it work?" He questioned. A confused look overcame mo'ats face, "silence we must wait and see" she told him while looking at the roots of the tree to make sure the color didn't dim.

Neteyam took a deep breath before removing hazels oxygen mask, he leaned down and kissed her forehead before whispering "mighty heart, soul, and mind okay?"

He crawled over to her avatar body slightly hovering over it while waiting for her eyes to open.

нαѕ ρσν

I opened my eyes and seen nothing but darkness until two images flickered in front of me, I squinted my eyes and focused on one at a time, I seen neteyam and I dancing in the forest at night with the bioluminescent plants and creatures surrounding us.

I smiled weakily "I remember that" I told myself. Neteyams laugh filled my ears making my heart ache, I went to take a step forward but stopped so I could focus on the second image. It was hard to understand, everything was a lilac purple and blue.

I backed away from the two flickering images because I began to feel uncomfortable, just as I was about to take off running the images dissapeared. "Hazel is that you?" I heard a voice echo through the empty dark void I was in. I spun around and seen Neteyam standing a few feet away from me. "Tey? What are you doing here?" I questioned.

A small smile crept onto his lips "come with me so I can teach you how to use a bow" he held out his hand. I looked down at it before looking back up into his eyes. Just before I could respond I heard a few dripping sounds from behind me. I slowly looked over my shoulder and seen a deep blue body of water that lay still. I turned to face neteyam again when I seen he took a step towards me.

"Am I dead or something?" I blurted out. Neteyams face scrunched up in confusion, "no Hazel you're not dead? Stop joking like that" he replied. I chewed on my lower lip as I listened to the sounds of dripping water behind me. Neteyam itched his forehead and chuckled "come on let's race, I bet I'm faster than you" he challenged.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "I swear bro you're saying everything that you said the day we did go practice my bow and arrow skills" I told him while looking at the image of the forest come closer to us. I watched as it surrounded him while slowly making its way towards me.

"Come with me so I can teach you how to use a bow"  he repeated the exact same words he did last time. My throat went dry when I realized I was probably dead. Norm once told me that when people died here on pandora the great mother would place them in their favorite memory for eternity, once they entered they would never remember that they died.

But for some reason it seemed like I had a choice on which memory i wanted? I looked around before turning and running towards the dark blue body of water. I heard neteyams voice calling for me "Hazel come with me!" He shouted.

I dived into the water drowning out his voice. I swam deeper into the water until I was sucked into a colorful hole that seemed like it was a bunch of images morphed into one. I screamed loudly as I plunged deeper into the hole faster than the speed of light.

 I screamed loudly as I plunged deeper into the hole faster than the speed of light

I opened my eyes and gasped loudly. I breathed quickly as my vision began to focus itself. I was shocked when I seen the tree of souls, I thought us humans were banned from such a sacred site. I sat up slowly but jumped when I felt a hand on my back "take it easy okay? Baby steps" neteyam whispered. I turned to look at him and noticed he was teary eyed, "why are you crying tey?" I whispered.

He wiped his eyes before engulfing me into a tight hug "I thought I lost you Hazel, thank you great mother" he murmured into my hair. I touched my face and realized I didn't have my mask on so I jumped up "my mask whe-" I paused when I seen my human body laying on the floor with glowing roots dug into the back of my neck.

I clasped a hand over my mouth while looking down at my body, when I realized I was in an avatar I panicked "did I die? Like how does this work? Like how am I like alive but in here?" I asked him.

Mo'at walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder "your human body was very weak so the great mother took all that you are from that body and put you into this one child"

I felt eyes widen, I turned to look at Neteyam again "I'm alive? Dude this is totally insane cuz!" I squealed before hugging him tightly.