𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒🌿

нαѕ ρσν

neteyam landed on the tree branch where a few other navi were before dramatically jumping off of his ikran. i slid off and followed him over to everyone else, i furrowed my brows together when i seen they had the same face paint as me, "okay so today you all will have a chance to tame your ikran" neteyam explained. everyone made war cries as they got riled up. neteyam held his hand up silencing everyone.

"be quick do what xey'su and i taught you and dont die alright?" he told everyone. i snorted when i seen the horrified looks on their faces. everyone turned to look at me so i coughed a little to try and play it off. "hazel you will have only one chance" xey'su said while making his way over to me. "what why? everyone else gets a infinity of tries" i questioned.

i looked up at him as he towered over me, "you're human remember? once chance is all you get" his deep voice sent chills down my spine. i narrowed my eyes while tilting my head "good thing that's all i need" i whispered before pushing past him making sure to bump his shoulder.

i watched as everyone began climbing long vines that seemed like it had no end. i looked down contemplating whether or not to do it. "come on human girl!" xey'su shouted while laughing. i watched neteyam glared at him "that's enough bro" he scolded the boy. i huffed and looked down one more time "outstanding" i muttered under my breath before running and jumping. my body felt numb as i reached out for the vine hoping i wouldn't miss.

just before i could pass out from my nerves i grabbed onto the vine and began climbing it quickly. after a few minutes of climbing we made it to a certain spot near the waterfall. i bent over and placed my sweaty hands on my knees while gasping for air. "hazel wainfleet will go show us how it's done"  xey'su announced. i stretched before making my way towards the waterfall, i pressed my back up against the wet rock wall while slowly shuffling my feet to the side to go across towards the ikran nest.

once i made it through i looked at the different colors on the ikrans. neteyam placed a hand on my waist, "once it chooses you move quick like i taught you" he murmured in my ear. i turned to look at him, "copy that" i muttered before stepping near the ikrans. a few of them flew away which sort of humbled me in a sense. after a minute i turned to look at neteyam "how do i know if it chooses me!" i shouted before turning back around.

i seen an ikran that didn't fly away. it was green, brown and black. i stepped closer and watched as it turned around and screeched at me, i cocked my head to the side and hissed loudly automatically pissing it off. "it will try to kill you!" neteyam shouted over the other clan members that were cheering me on.

"yeah hazel!"
"hurry up before it eats you!!"
"woohoo hazel wainfleet!"

i swung the rope not daring to take my eyes off of it, "come get some!" i screamed before running towards it and leaping over its neck as it snapped it me. once my feet touched the ground i turned around and tied the rope around its beak. the ikran swung its head wildly tossing me across the dirt floor. i felt a stinging sensation radiate across my leg so i looked down and seen i was bleeding a little.

i heard another screech so i stood up and hissed back at it, "let's get this done baby!" i screamed as i watched the ikran charge at me. i ducked and climbed onto its back making sure to grab its queue, the ikran screeched while jerking its body rapidly. i grabbed my braid and tried making the bond but it was moving too much. "tsaheylu hazel!" neteyam shouted.

i screamed loudly as i hurriedly made tsaheylu with the ikran, my head flung back when i felt how powerful the ikran was. "chill the fuck out!" i tiredly shrieked. it calmed down and stopped trying to fight me. i rubbed its neck as i climbed off of it, "i'll name you river" i whispered while smiling. i felt a hand on my shoulder so i quickly turned around and seen neteyam standing there with a proud look on his face.

"that was so sick dude did you see me!" i laughed loudly. neteyam nodded and smiled, "you have to seal the bond now" he told me while moving a piece of hair out of my face. i furrowed my brows together "you didn't teach me how to do that though tey?" i complained. neteyam nodded "i was saving that lesson for this moment." he murmured. i widened my eyes "why would you do that? i'm a slow ass learner you know that" i whined. neteyam nervously chuckled "just have some trust"  was the last thing he said before shoving me off of the edge.

i shrieked as my body turned and twisted through the air, "call for her!" neteyam screamed as i fell. "KAAA CA CA KAAAA!"  was the one thing i could think of in the moment. just as i thought this was the end of my life my ikran flew under me, i grabbed onto it and quickly made the bond before flying up. i heard everyone shouting but i was too stressed to care. i continued flying making sure to weave in and out of the floating rocks.

i heard a familiar yipping noise so i looked over my shoulder and seen it was neteyam

i heard a familiar yipping noise so i looked over my shoulder and seen it was neteyam. i smiled while lifting my fist into the air "get some!" i screamed before telling my ikran to dive down. after a few hours of flying we landed on the branches at the top of home tree. i slid off of river before petting her as she nuzzled her head against me. "i love you already" i giggled