𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒🌿

нαѕ ρσν

Now that the coming of age ceremony was finally over i had had to face two realities again

Now that the coming of age ceremony was finally over i had had to face two realities again. The gloomy aura at high camp, and the constant state of fear due to the sky people hunting down our clan.

I was outside of my tent cleaning some of my arrows when neteyam approached me, "i was being a skawng the other day, and im sorry" he raspily murmured

"oh? so now you're finally noticing?" i laughed at my own joke before refocusing on my arrows.

"I'm being serious hazel" he sighed before placing his warm hand onto my cold knee, I rolled my eyes before shifting them onto his. "i have so much love for you" he murmured while staring intensely into my eyes.

He was probably bullshitting so i slapped a hand over my mouth in an attempt to stifle my laughter. "neteyam the mighty warrior has feelings? hm how weird" i whispered while eyeing his attire. His night blue loin cloth allowed his colorful songcord to stand out, and his leather cummerbund fit perfectly around his toned torso.

He must've noticed me staring because be began to subtly  flex his arms, "do you like what you see beautiful?" he teasingly whispered.

My face began to warm up as i bit my lower lip while still admiring every single detail about him, "maybe i do?" i shrugged before lowering my head to hide the fact that i was blushing heavily.

Neteyams deep chuckle was like music to my ears, He placed his index finger under my chin before gently raising it. "i know i'm promised to another woman, but that doesn't mean i can't choose" he murmured while staring into my eyes.

Something about him was so alluring but i couldn't quite put my finger on it. I tilted my head to the side while furrowing my brows together "neteyam what are you trying to say?" i softly whispered before placing a hand on his chiseled chest.

He cocked his head to the side while making sure to not break eye contact with me, "I spent my entire life trying to live up to my father, and please my mother" he paused to take a deep breath. "im ready to put my happiness first, i choose you hazel"

My heart began to race as i soaked up his confession. I quickly swallowed the small lump that formed in my throat before brushing my thumb across his warm skin.
"neteyam i- i can't i'm sorry" i stuttered before standing up.

Neteyams face scrunched up "baby trust me you can, we can" he emphasized the word 'we' before taking both of my hands into his, "eywa has chosen, it has been decided" he murmured while rubbing his thumbs across my cold knuckles.

My chest rose and fell quickly as i slowly shook my head, "ma hazel come! let me show you our new home!" fataos voice filled my ears.

Neteyam didn't know that i was about to mate with fatato, the best archer in the clan. But it was none of his business, i mean after all he's made it clear that i was nothing to him so why would he care?