𝒻𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃🌿

The two teens raced along the tree branches that hung miles high as the forest air filled with their obnoxious laughs

The two teens raced along the tree branches that hung miles high as the forest air filled with their obnoxious laughs. "you're so slow bro!" neteyam shouted before tripping over air and falling. Hazel shrieked before grabbing his arm preventing him from falling, "and you're so clumsy so zip it" she teased as she helped him to his feet. Neteyams round yellow orbs pierced her dim ones as he towered over her glowing, thin body. "have you chosen a mate yet?" the boy asked while grabbing her hands, stopping her from fidgeting.

Hazel blinked slowly as she looked up at him, "i've chosen ever since i was human" she murmured before pulling her hands away from him and walking past the boy. Neteyam spun around "who is it?" he blurted out before mentally cursing. Hazel looked down at the glowing vines as a twinkle filled her dim eyes. "it's just some guy" she smiled sheepishly before reaching up and gently tapping a bug that buzzed around her head. Neteyam eyed the burgundy leather string that was carefully wrapped around her tail.

"is it xey'su? or mirãntu?" neteyam questioned, his tail raised along with his ears. The corners of hazels lips turned down as a downward smile crept onto her glistening face. "nope i won't tell unless he chooses me too" she shrugged before running and leaping onto another branch. Neteyam cocked his head to the side before jumping and grabbing ahold of a vine, he swung back and forth before letting go and landing onto the same branch as the girl who stared at him with a tiny sparkle in her eyes, "why is that huh?" he pressed her for a answer while walking closer to her.

Hazels breathing grew rigid from how close neteyam was to her, "um on earth norm says the boys ask the girls to marry them so fuck it right?" she murmured before placing her pointer finger on his chest and pushing him back a bit. Neteyams forehead creased considering how intrigued he was, "you want a guy to tell you he's chosen you?" he uttered. The avatar girl watched as her best friends body tensed up, "yeah i think i deserve that at least?" uncertain of her morals the girls shoulders dropped.

Neteyam rubbed his chin before moving closer to hazel until their bodies were inches apart, "i choose you but have you chosen me?" neteyam mumbled while gazing into her eyes that squinted from how taken aback she was. "neteyam" was the only thing hazel could breathe out. Neteyam smirked "you want the guy to tell you like that?" he chuckled but hissed when the girl smacked his arm. "you're such a skawng" hazel huffed while crossing her arms. Neteyam itched his head "i never knew you were so..romantic?" he snickered. Hazel rolled her eyes, "shut up" she sighed before adding "who do you wish to mate with for life?"

Neteyams smile faded "my parents have chosen reyâ for me" he murmured. Hazels ears lowered slightly "is she the girl you truly want?" she whispered as her hand brushed against his due to her walking beside him. Neteyam shook his head, "it doesn't matter what i want i have duties to fulfill" he rambled but was cut off by hazel smacking her lips, "is that what you want? or is it what your dad wants?" she challenged his thinking. Neteyam growled lowly before regaining his composure "i have responsibilities" he bluntly replied. Hazel rolled her eyes "when will you live for you? you don't want reyâ and i know your dad pushes too much on you" she explained but stopped when neteyam grabbed her upper arm.

"enough" he told her through gritted teeth, the girl ignored his warning "tey you know he's too hard on you we can just go tell him you don't want to mate or do any of that stuff" she tried convincing him. Neteyam released her arm from his grasp "hazel i said enough!" the girl crossed her arms before
tilting her head "no neteyam no, you need to live for you!" she raised her voice slightly. Neteyams jaw clenched as he nodded his head, "you want me to tell my father that i want to be with a girl that he doesn't approve of? or that i just wish he would treat me more like a son and not the future leader of the clan?" he sarcastically spat while looking her dead in the eyes. "if it means you'll be happy then yes" Hazel looked down at her feet as a feeling of shame and regret washed over her,

"you want me to tell him how bad i want the girl he disapproves of?" he asked while leaning down towards her ear "you want me to do that huh?" he whispered. Goosebumps formed all over her body when his lips grazed her ear, "neteyam is that you!" a random voice echoed through the forest causing the two of them to frantically back away from each other.

Reyâ and kiri emerged from the large leaves that blocked their way, The tall navi girl eyed hazel before focusing on neteyam, "your father wishes to see you before the celebration tonight" she informed him. Kiri looked between hazel and her brother before rolling her eyes, "guys come on stop standing there like weirdos" she groaned before grabbing hazels wrist and pulling her along with her.