Chapter 27

"We got your message. What's going on?" Sara asked Rip over the video call feed.

"I know that it's ahead of schedule, but we saw an opportunity to get insider information on the Time Masters and we took it." Rip said.

"What kind of opportunity?" Sara asked, wondering what it could've possibly been.

"See for yourself." Rip said as he moved out of the way to reveal both Time Master Druce and Vandal Savage inside the Acheron's holding cell.

"Okay, that's a good opportunity. I'm surprised that he was willing to leave his precious Vanishing Point when there's a full on rebellion going on." Sara said.

"He wouldn't. Especially not to remove his precious Vandal Savage from the timeline. Not without a reason." Rip said.

"Any luck with interrogation?" Sara asked.

"Considering he's the one who trained us in interrogations, no. Besides, I doubt he'd say anything useful anyways. Just his usual nonsense about how he's doing what's best for the best timeline." Rip said.

"More than likely." Sara said as Rory joined them.

"Well then, why don't we give him a taste of his own medicine." Mick said while drinking a beer.

"Meaning?" Sara asked, interested in Mick's idea.

"We do to him what he and his cronies did to me to turn me into Chronos." Mick said and Sara grinned.

"Sometimes I forget that you're more than just muscle. Despite your best efforts to kill it, you do have a brain in there. Somewhere." Sara said and instead of flying off the handle like he would've when they first met, now Mick just chuckled.

"Don't tell anyone else, it'll ruin my rep." Mick said.

"Done. But I think that's a good idea. We use Druce's own methods against him and turn him into our bitch and use him to infiltrate the Vanishing Point. Plus then he'll tell us all the information we need to know kind of willingly." Sara said.

"What about Savage?" Rip asked.

"Put him back into the timeline for now. Once we've taken the Vanishing Point, then he can become a priority. Besides, the heroes of our time can handle him." Sara said, since she had to admit, something about Savage's presence seemed off, but she had more important things to worry about right now than some warlord who was doing all this just because he got rejected a few centuries ago. Honestly, compared to the things she's seen since Rip first recruited her, Savage was very low level and honestly, a little pathetic.

"Copy that." Rip said, since he agreed with that, since Miranda and Jonas were now safe from Savage.

"So, what do we do now?" Mick asked.

"We continue the plan. We find a location in our time period to establish our base, since every captain we've talked to has confirmed Gideon's report that the entire 21st century is a temporal blindspot, the Time Masters can't detect anything going on in it anymore. Once we do that, we can start planning our attacks on the Time Masters. Especially after we turn Druce into our puppet." Sara said.

"Copy understood." Rip said.

"Wherever we set up shop, there's access to beer." Mick said.

"That's what time couriers and the fabricators are for." Sara said.

"There needs to be bars nearby." Mick maintained and Sara rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry, there will be." Sara said and Mick nodded as he walked away.

"One last thing, Rip." Sara said.

"What is it?" Rip asked.

"Are you an ordained wedding minister in the 21st century?" Sara asked.

"Why?" Rip asked.

"Because Ava and I talked about it and we want you to be the one to perform our wedding ceremony, since you're the only reason we know each other in the first place." Sara said and Rip chuckled.

"Yes, I have to admit, when I recruited Ava, I had a feeling that when you two inevitably met, you'd either try to kill each other or end up sleeping together." Rip said and Sara chuckled.

"We ended up doing both in that exact order. You have to admit, Ava didn't exactly make the best first impression." Sara said.

"Why do you think I let her spend so much time chasing after the Legends. I was hoping it would help her loosen up a bit. Even after she sent me to prison." Rip said.

"You deserved that and you know it. But anyways, will you perform our wedding ceremony?" Sara asked.

"I'd be honored. Let me know when you have more details." Rip said and Sara nodded.

"Let's focus on ending this war first, since I want to make sure that the Time Masters won't cause anymore problems before I walk down the aisle, even if I will be wearing white before the wedding." Sara said.

"I'll send the signal to the other captains to rendezvous with you and work on reprogramming Druce's mind and dropping Savage back off in history." Rip said and Sara nodded as the transmission ended.