Chapter 31

While the team was preparing, Sara heard Adrianna enter her and Ava's shared quarters.

"Adrianna, what's going on? You don't look dressed for the Pilgrim mission." Sara said.

"That's because I think my skills would be put to better use on the Vanishing Point mission, since accessing the Vanishing Point's mainframe, that's more a hacking job and that's more my area of expertise than Ray's and I think that Ray would be of more use here with his suit's weapons against the Pilgrim, not to mention, building whatever tech they come up with to counter her. Not to mention, thanks to my memories of living in a dystopian future, I have serious stealth skills and decent tech knowledge." Adrianna said, reminding Sara that Adrianna was the counterpart of Zari 1.0 from the old reality.

"I keep forgetting that in addition to the life you lived in this reality, you're also probably the only hacker who can truly give Felicity Smoak a challenge and I agree, it probably would be better if you and Ray switched missions." Sara said, since as she thought about it, she wished that she'd thought about bringing Adriana on the mission would mean there was a way that she could abort her secret one, which would definitely make Ava happy.

"Gideon, call a team meeting, there's been a change of plans." Sara said.

"Right away Captain." Gideon said.

"What's going on about this change of plans? Kind of late in the game for that right?" Snart asked as the Legends gathered on the bridge.

"Adrianna gave me a better idea. Ray, you're staying here on the ship to assist in the Pilgrim mission, since your suit and tech skills are better suited for that while Adrianna will take your place at the Vanishing Point, since this does require her hacking skills. Once there, Rip will lead her to the main data core so that she can hack in and give us remote access to the security system and establish surveillance and get any other relevant information, including the Pilgrim's file. If our tech geniuses are going to find a way to counter her powers, we need to know everything there is to know about them." Sara said.

"What about the rest of us?" Snart asked.

"You and Mick will go to the hangar and pull off the same maneuver we did in the old reality and disable any remaining time ships they still have." Sara said.

"And what are you going to do?" Ava asked her fiance, hoping this meant that Sara would abandon her crazy idea to let herself be captured.

"Nora and I are going to check out the Oculus, figure out the best way to shut it down without blowing it and Vanishing Point up so that when we do launch our attack, we'll be able to shut it down easily." Sara said.

"And what about your crazy plan?" Ava asked.

"What is she talking about?" Rip asked Sara.

"I was originally thinking about letting myself be captured and put through the hunter induction process like Mick was to have an inside man, since I don't trust Druce's programming to have held up, but I think that this way is better that won't require a wookiee gambit." Sara said.

"Good, because we can't do this without you Cap." Nate said.

"While I can see the logic behind that strategy, it's ill advised, since you'd also risk letting the Time Masters into your head and tipping them off. There's too much important information in your head to risk letting them get it." Rip reminded Sara.

"Fair point. And it's not worth the risk now that Adrianna's provided me with a better, safer alternative." Sara said.

"Now I feel better about this mission and Gideon, once they leave, start scanning the timeline for any trace of the Pilgrim or her ship, since I have a feeling that she's already been deployed into the timeline to hunt us all down." Ava said.

"Right away Captain Sharpe." Gideon said, since Sara and Ava had already agreed to share the title of captain.

"Okay then, let's get going. Gideon, upload the coordinates to our couriers and make sure our comms are set up to the proper frequency." Sara said as Ray gave Adrianna the commset he was going to use, but clearly would not need anymore.

"Done." Gideon said, since by now, Sara, Rip, Mick, Snart, Adrianna and Nora were all dressed as guards at the Vanishing Point and Sara, Rip and Mick each opened a portal to different parts of the citadel before taking their respective partners and walking through them, the doors closing behind them.