Chapter 29

When Sara and Ava returned to the Waverider, they found Rip waiting for them, along with the rest of the Legends.

"What's going on?" Sara asked.

"Druce just arrived at the Vanishing Point and he's just completed his first mission." Rip said.

"And that would be?" Sara asked, raising an eyebrow.

"He's sending us the access codes to the Vanishing Point, including the deactivation codes for their defense systems." Rip said with a smirk.

"And you trust that the codes are authentic?" Sara asked, raising an eyebrow.

"He's under mind control, he doesn't have a choice." Rip said.

"And clearly you have not been paying attention, since we're the Legends. Things never go that smoothly for us. Frankly if they did, I'd be concerned." Sara said.

"You think the codes aren't genuine?" Rip asked.

"I think that the Time Masters have to have protocols in place to prevent anyone without any authorization from receiving them." Sara said.

"If they do, they're unknown to me." Rip said.

"Exactly. Because you're not a member of the Time Council and you clearly didn't think to check Druce's mind for information like that. We can't be certain that the Time Masters won't detect what you did to him and undo it. I refuse to make any plans based solely on his intel." Sara said.

"So, what would you recommend?" Rip asked.

"We're going to do what every army does in war when they want to attack an enemy base. They do recon." Sara said.

"Wow, Sara, are you sure you never served in the military, because you sound like a four star general." Behrad asked and Sara chuckled.

"Ra's al Ghul taught me a few things about tactics and taking down enemies larger than myself. Not to mention one of the first things I learned about war is never trust information from the enemy. Always verify the intel yourself to prevent things from becoming unpleasant." Sara said.

"Wise words. What do you suggest? The Vanishing Point's security is too good for any attempt at stealthily slipping in by timeship and if these codes are duds, we'll be wiped out." Rip said.

"The key words there being time ships. Do the time masters know about Time Couriers?" Sara asked.

"The only people who know about them are on this ship. Not even Captain Baxter or the other rebels know about them." Rip said.

"And can the couriers get us into the Vanishing Point, since it does exist outside of time." Sara asked.

"Technically, the Vanishing Point does exist on the timeline, just at the very end of it, which means that yes, the couriers can access it, what are you suggesting?" Rip asked.

"We use the time couriers to bypass the external defenses and perform a stealth only recon mission of the Vanishing Point. We raid the computers, ensure that we have actual access codes, make sure Druce isn't playing us and identify key points to launch our attack. It's the best way to launch this war." Sara said.

"Sounds risky and I do not want to become a widow before we even walk down the aisle." Ava said and Sara sighed.

"You won't. This will be a stealth mission made up of myself, Rip, Snart, Ray and Nora, since Rip has inside knowledge, Snart and I both have experience in sneaking into places we shouldn't be in, Nora's magic can come in handy and Ray has the tech expertise needed." Sara said.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Ava asked as she pulled Sara aside.

"What's wrong?" Sara asked her.

"Sara, this plan sounds very risky and I don't like the idea of you going without me. If this goes wrong, I'd end up being a widow before we even walk down the aisle." Ava said.

"Then you're really not going to like this." Sara said as she told Ava her plan for after they got into the Vanishing Point.

"No way, Sara, it's too dangerous." Ava said.

"And you know this is our best shot. I don't like it either, but like it or not, we are in a war and that means we have to take risks like this. We need every advantage we can get and if this works, it'll be a huge one." Sara said.

"And if it doesn't, we'll lose one of our current advantages and I could lose you." Ava said.

"You think I would consider this if I wasn't sure that it would work." Sara asked.

"It's too much of a risk, especially when we already have Druce inside." Ava said.

"And you know that we can't just depend on him. And if something does go wrong, I know that we have a failsafe." Sara said as she told Ava what it is.

"You really think that will work?" Ava asked.

"I think that it's something that the time masters have always underestimated, which means it's our best bet. But don't tell the others until after it happens. And I need you here running point on the mission." Sara said.

"I guess we don't really have a choice do we?" Ava asked.

"If we did, we wouldn't be doing this. But I need to know that you trust me to come home to you." Sara said.

"You know I do. But I swear, if you die, I will have Constantine bring you back just so I can kill you myself." Ava said and Sara rolled her eyes at that.

"Deal, now come on, we need to plan this mission." Sara said and Ava nodded as they returned to the bridge.