Chapter 28

When Sara time couriered aboard the Acheron, she had to admit, she took way too much pleasure in seeing Druce restrained to a chair in the medical bay with a cognitive intrusion device strapped to his head.

"How's it going?" Sara asked Rip, who was smirking at this even more than she was.

"About 70 percent complete. Soon, any sense of free will he had will be gone and he'll become a slave like everyone else he so callously controlled from his high and mighty perch at the vanishing point." Rip said and Sara smirked.

"Good. Where's his ship? I want Ray, Jax, Behrad and Adrianna to clone its system log so that we can get some idea about what Druce was doing away from the safety of the Vanishing Point?" Sara asked.

"It's being used to escort Savage back to the timeline. Based on what we've been able to put together, it sounds like Savage himself was starting to stray too much from the timeline he was supposed to, so they brought him in for reconditioning." Rip said and Sara actually laughed.

"So best guess is that Druce was personally escorting Savage back to the timeline to make sure that their changes stuck." Sara said.

"Yes and I see you find the irony of the so-called master of time now nothing more than a slave to the time masters as amusing as I do." Rip said and Sara nodded, right as her temporal communicator, which she kept on her at all times, just like Stein had after he'd invented them back when he'd been on the team while his daughter was pregnant, Sara had promised both her family and herself that she'd work harder to keep in touch with her family.

"A temporal communicator?" Rip asked.

"So I can keep in touch with my dad and sister back home, since one of my biggest regrets was that I didn't work harder to stay in touch with both of them before they died and I promised myself that I wouldn't let that happen again this time. Now if you'll excuse me." Sara said as she took the call to find her sister calling.

"Hi Sara." Laurel said happily.

"Hey Laurel, what's going on?" Sara asked, not caring that she was technically in the middle of a war, she cared about her family more.

"Any chance you and Ava can come home for dinner tonight. We're doing a big family thing, both sides of mine and Ollie's family at the Queen Mansion, literally the only member of the family won't be there is mom. Emiko's back from wherever the hell she's been, Thea's coming in from San Francisco and of course, Felicity will be there and she's bringing her girlfriend with her, so I expect you to bring your fiance." Laurel said.

"Just give me a time and date and we'll be there. Gotta love time travel. What's going on?" Sara asked, knowing that her sister was clearly still keeping something secret from her.

"You'll find out when you get here." Laurel said as she gave Sara the time and date she needed to portal to.

"Great. I'll see you then. Good luck doing whatever you're doing." Laurel said as she hung up.

"What was that about?" Rip asked.

"Either she or Felicity are engaged or, and this one is more likely, she's pregnant." Sara said with a smile.

"And if she is, I'm assuming that you're going to be using time travel to spoil your niece or nephew with presents from other time periods?" Rip asked with a smile.

"Like you never did it for Jonas." Sara said.

"I'm not denying it and as long as nothing you take is significant to history, I'll look the other way. Mainly because I know it's pointless to talk you out of something like that." Rip said.

"Good, you're smarter than I thought. Now, I need to go tell Ava that we're going to dinner tonight and I need you to help Gideon babysit the rest of the Legends." Sara said and Rip nodded.

"Understood." Rip said.