Chapter 3: My daily life ( Present)

It's been 8 years since I left my past behind and to say I am very happy I left my past behind. I am New York's top wedding planner i have planned weddings for lots of celebrities I am doing well for myself.  You probably wondering how I did it. Well, my dad's trust fund came in handy. If you don't know this, my dad was a businessman so he made pretty good money which I inherited and started my business after I  was done studying.

The best thing I ever did was take my Aunts to offer I still remember the time I came down to New York they were so happy my aunt and my cousin and dadi hugged me so tight it was the first time in a long time I felt love and now I get to experience their love every day.

Layla and our friendship remained we are still best friends to this day. We may be far from each other but we are still close. I am very proud of her, to be honest, she finally landed her dream job as a fashion designer and her modeling career. I see her all over New York meaning she is in every tabloid. I am so happy for her that she even invited me to come to see her Victoria's Secret fashion show which I will see in a month.

My assistant Blair comes waltzing into my office and reads my schedule for today she then tells me a call is on hold which I gladly take, "Did I ever mention how I have been craving turkey sandwich lately," Jasper my good friend says, and laugh as it's his way of saying come let's have lunch. I ask," So where do you want to eat Casper," he says he will send me the place's name we chat over some nonsense which makes me laugh so hard.

Jasper Miles became my good friend eight years ago he is the reason why I am so crazy today he just is my comfort person we met eight years ago at NYU when were fighting over the last donut at the cafeteria we then came to a conclusion we must just share it and that's how we bonded he became my best friend. Jasper's profession is an artist he loves art and playing guitar you will catch him at art galleries and skate parks. Whenever I need to laugh I call Jasper the man is too funny.

I got a call from my aunt saying she wanted to throw a massive Diwali party cause Rohan was bringing a girl home and she wanted to show her the famous Naidoo tradition. People also usually get confused with my religion as I am Indian so they think I'm Hindu which I am not, my family is Hindu my religion is Christianity but my culture is Indian how people always ask well my dad is a full northern Indian he then met Cassandra who is my mom that is Caucasian. Then they had me. The thing I hate about myself is that I look exactly like my mom, I have literally all her European features, i have her cheek bones not to mention her deep set eyes. The only thing I have from my dad is his height  and eye color which is brown and hair.

I wanted to look like my papa. Jasper always tells me you don't need to look like your father to be like him. I think a part me will always love my mother but I don't think I will ever forgive her.

I still try to embrace my Indian culture by celebrating special occasions with them it feels as if my papa is with me. I then offered to help my aunt Sonal with the planning of this Diwali celebration as it was a week away.

It's finally lunch and I see Jasper sitting by the table waiting for me he gets up kisses me on the cheek and pulls out a chair for me.

We place our order i tell him about the Diwali function my aunt is planning he says, "Make sure your aunt puts me on that list i can use some good Indian food I have been craving some biryani and dal makhani," I then look at him all this dude just thinks about is food

"Do ever not think about food Casper," he then says," No Rhea you should know by now I am a huge foodie plus food is life," I then laughed of course he would say that. The food finally arrives we talk about some things and then Jasper looks at his watch

"Shit time always goes fast when I am with you Rhea I have to be at this art gallery in an hour, you want to come?" he asks me and looks at me waiting for my answer I then say," Maybe another time Casper I am really tired," he then says, "your lost love," we hug each other saying goodbye.

I go back to my company Destiny Weds i know the name sounds cheesy but I thought it had a great feeling to its name i then carry on with my work looking for new destinations for weddings.

Blair comes rushing saying," You won't believe who wants to work with you Rhea, and who needs your help to plan a wedding," I look at her confusedly because who can be so important,
"Who?" I ask and she blushes "he is one of the top businessmen in the world he owns so many companies he is engaged to the conceited bitch of a model she is not that famous anyway he is the CEO of this cool electronic company and he is a billionaire." she says

I looked flabbergasted I did not need to know all this information, "Okay good to know the man's whole life story now tell me the guy's name?" I asked Blair  looked at me and said," Are you for real now you don't know the hottest guy in the world's name?" I look at her," Do I need to know the man's name I mean the guy is irrelevant to me, "I say.

Blair says, "Fine I will say his name," I then look at her waiting for her to say his name, "His name is..." I then feel myself getting frustrated why can't this fool just say his name for crying out loud

" JUST SAY IT!" I shout she blushes to herself and says, "Ares freaking Walker" I then look at her in shock with my mouth open wide did I just hear that right she is talking about Ares I feel my heart beating hearing that name it's been eight years and that name still does things to me. Blair then comes towards the pain at me concerned and asks," Rhea are you okay," I snap out of my daze as my mind wonders

"Yeah I am um fine so what did this Ares dude want I say," she then says, "Well as I was saying he is engaged to a huge bimbo conceited model and they want to meet you with you to plan their wedding," I don't know how to feel, eight years ago I would of feel sad but I don't know how to feel now I have mix feelings.

"What's the model's name that he is engaged to?" I ask Blair as thinks for a minute, "Her name I think is Kylie Myers," I am surprised Layla told me they were on and off but it's just shocking to see they lasted.

I tell Blair to tell them I can only schedule them for a meeting 2 days from now she then agrees and makes notes of it.

I feel so tired. I get into my blue Range Rover and drive to my apartment building. My apartment is a lavish cream modern apartment it's cozy i know I talk a lot about my life and my daily things I just appreciate it that's all.

I arrive at my apartment building and open my door just to see Truffle my dog greeting me and sniffing me. I start to play with him and I give him kisses after that, I head straight to my room to freshen up meaning take a shower and do my normal night routine. I soon get dressed into my comfy pajamas.

I go downstairs to make me some dinner which is chicken linguine pasta alongside cream cheese and tomato salad with my green smoothie. I feed Truffle his food and I have my dinner catching up on my Turkish shows. I  decide it's time to hit the hay as I am lying in bed reading my book I think about Ares and wonder how he is doing as drift off to sleep.

****
What do you think about this chapter?

I love how independent Rhea became

I also wonder how Ares is doing🤔

Please do comment on this chapter🤗