Chapter 12: Same old things

"Ares are you even happy?" I ask

Ares doesn't meet my eyes and says, "I am happy, really happy, never been happier,"

I can tell he is lying because he didn't meet eyes but I won't force it out it is none of my business to begin with anyway.

"Glad to know that you are happy Ares" is all I managed to come up with.

We then head to the ice cream shop and I start running as I love cookies and cream I hear Ares shout, "Wait up Rhea!" but I'm already in the shop.

I then wait for Ares to come in he says, "Still an ice cream lover I see"

All I do is smile Ares then go to the shopkeeper and ask, "Can I get a choc and mint and also cookies and cream both in a cup medium size"

Ares then comes with both of our ice creams, "How did you know that I was still a cookie and cream lover?" I ask

Ares grins and looks at me, "Well some things don't change in this lifetime,"

FLASHBACK 18 years ago

"Promise me you will come and help me set up the tree house with my dad," Ares says.

"Ares you know how much I love watching Barbie and my papa bought so many Barbie movies for me," I say

"But Rhea we have been planning to set this tree house for ages I even carved our names in it R+A," Ares says

"Well, you can always ask Layla to help you know," I say.

"No! No! Rhea this was our invention this is like our secret spy mission spot you know if we going to be spies one day we can't tell anyone about this tree house even my sister," he said seriously

"But Ares she is my best friend," I say feeling sad that Layla doesn't even know this tree house is ours which Mr. Walker helped us with.

"Rhea you know you are my best friend too and the tree house is our secret spot," he says.

We then hear Mama Walker shout, "Kids come inside quickly,"

We then both run inside she then comes to me and Ares asks, "Do you want some ice cream Rhea and Ares?"

"Yes please mama Walker," I say feeling shy I wish my mother was like Mrs. Walker she is the most loving person ever.

"Yes Mom but make sure it's the chocolate fudge," Ares says well he is engrossed in picking out colors for the tree house.

"Sorry Kiddo Rhea gets to decide what she wants, so Rhea we have Cookies and cream and chocolate fudge so you choose kiddo," she says sweetly.

"You have cookies and cream ice cream ?" I ask I have been nagging my mom for that flavor of ice cream but she always says I will end up fat.

"Yep do you want it darling?" she asks smiling.

"Yes please," I say to Mama Walker then smiles and pinches my cheeks.

Ares then says, "Ugh Mom you always favor Rhea when she comes over here."

Mama Walker then laughs and says, "Well duh she is my other daughter," oh that warms my heart up.

Ares then sighs but then he starts smirking and coming towards me and sits next to me on the stools in the kitchen.

"Here's the deal if you come help me with our tree house you can get a whole year's supply of cookie and cream ice cream," he says whispering in my ear.