Chapter 5: Eye contact

I woke up feeling okay this morning today is the day I will face my past but I promised myself I wouldn't let it ever affect my future or present I am happy I don't want the past to ruin my peace I deserve better.

I remember all the nights eight years ago when I cried myself to sleep and stopped eating because of that one specific night it hurt me. I don't ever want to go through that pain again.

I believe god sent me in a direction where I started to love myself more and put myself first, "One could say being in love with someone who doesn't love you back is sadness but I called it my protection," I repeat that all the time as I drive to my company I still remember saying that to my therapist that was the day I realized I don't need a man to love me but myself.

I then finally arrived at my company feeling confident in my outfit and the way I carry myself it took years to develop my confidence and I wouldn't trade it for anything. ( Her outfit below)

I walk into my office with Blair running in with my coffee saying," Ares Walker will be here anytime soon," I just smile at her and say," Thanks Blair send them straight to my office if they come

I walk into my office with Blair running in with my coffee saying," Ares Walker will be here anytime soon," I just smile at her and say," Thanks Blair send them straight to my office if they come."

I then get a phone call from Jasper asking me," Rhea are we still on for tonight for dinner," I then smile to myself always food on Jasper's mind," Sure Casper could use some egg and avocado salad," Jasper then starts rambling about this famous art gallery happening Blair the walks in indicating they here I then tell Jasper I will meet him tonight.

I then see the Ares Walker walking in with his suit on and looking down at his phone he then looks up and makes eye contact with me he looks like he saw a ghost as dropped his phone he then says, "Rhea," I look at him the nerve of this fool to call me by first name," It's Ms. Naidoo for you," he looks like he still processing that it's me I then hear someone shouting and walking into my office, "Babe you can't just run off like that I was just talking to Eric Wilson silly," she then looks at him waiting for him to respond but he is too busy staring at me to notice her presence, "Baby what's so important that you keep on staring behind me,"

Kylie then turned around to only notice me now she jumped and said, "Rhea," I just smiled at her and said, "Long time hey Kylie," she then looked around my office and said," Yeah really long time," she then grabs Ares hand taking him out of his gaze and pulls him to sit in one of the chairs in front of me," So now that showtime is over can we get on with business".

Kylie explains to me about her dream wedding well Ares just stares at me completely still in shock," Listen here Rhea I don't know if your services are good but this wedding is not child's play this is the real deal so you better be professional I bet we are the only important clients you ever received," I laugh rolling my eyes

" You thought you did something there, Kylie just so you know I don't need your money I planned weddings for models way better than you for a matter I planned weddings for actors, actresses also billionaires so get off your high horse Kylie you, not the real deal meaning you not relevant, " Kylie was about just about to snap when she gets a call from somebody she then excuses herself I am then left with Ares alone.

"I tried looking for you," Ares's voice snaps me out of my thoughts I just look at him ignoring him, and go back to my work he then asks, "How are you Rhea?" I still ignore him, "Rhea please talk to me I haven't spoken to you in years," I then finally lift my head getting mad,

"Listen here Mr. Walker I will only discuss things regarding your wedding planning and it's Ms. Naidoo to you so stay within your limits or get yourself a new wedding planner," Ares then looks shocked by my outburst luckily Kylie comes in saying," Rhea we will go with your Company Destiny Weds," she says I then look at her why did this bitch change her mind so quick I then just smile and say," Good to know I will tell Blair to set us updates so we can discuss your wedding further," I look at Kylie and then at Ares he look me with a smirk on his face. Kylie and Ares then get up to leave Kylie first out of the door Ares then says," Looks like we will be seeing each other more often Rhea," he then walks out.

I get home feeling moody i had to see that fool's face. I then freshen and prepare myself for tonight as I will be having dinner for Jasper.

It's finally evening and I head out to the restaurant i then arrive to meet Jasper we place our food orders. Jasper then says," Do you know someone told me today I look like Damon Salvatore and have the accent of Klaus," I burst out laughing cause Jasper is so delusional," And I look like Aishwarya Rai," he then looks so offended at my sarcasm and says, "Love your sarcasm will be the death of me".

I then spot a familiar person just to see Ares talking to someone I suppose a business partner i then pretend to not see him as he notices me. The waiter arrives with our food luckily but I can feel someone staring at me it's making me hot.

I then tell Jasper I need to go to the toilet. I then walk to the toilet feeling a bit better until someone pulls me and pushes me against the wall i then stare into familiar eyes my whole body gets this weird feeling.

Ares then touches my waist grabs hold of it and asks, "Who is that guy you talking to?" I reply, "It's none of your fucking business, Mr. Walker," he then pulls me to him and whispers in my ear,

" I'm making it my business" I then looked at him and asked, "Why do you even care who I speak to from what I know we do not share any form of relationship?" he then looked into my eyes and said," You know when I saw you laugh with that guy I kept on thinking about the friendship we use to have, that used to be me you were laughing with and I can't handle the fact you can be so comfortable with a guy that isn't me."

I then look at him and smack him," Get your fucking hands off me and I don't care how you feel, you were a friend from my past and you will remain a friend from my past we just share a professional relationship now so fuck off," I push him off of me.

I then arrive back at my table and tell Jasper I'm not feeling well so I take my food for a takeaway instead.

I then go home to freshen up and hop into bed not before feeding Truffle and and making me a cup of rooibos tea. I then get a message on my phone saying, "Past, Present, and future they all link up no matter what you say Rhea I will always be your Ares and you will always be my Rhea, friends till the end and I give two fucks about what you say about our professional relationship".

****
So they met must have been awkward
also, I love the new Rhea🤗
Please vote
or
Comment on my book
it will be deeply appreciated🙏