Chapter 14: Facing my past

"You should have seen Antonio buying so many sanitizers that day," Erica rambles, making me laugh.

"All because a woman greeted him with her hands," I say, laughing.

"He said the girl gave him a weird look and smelled like cheap perfume," Erica says chuckling

"Who says she didn't?" I ask and Erica smiles.

"Guess we never know," she says, "Also I would like to thank you for being in my brother's life I've never seen him smile so much in a long time."

I look at her and smile, "I wish I could take the credit Erica but the truth is your brother just made me happy as much as I did he is one of the reasons why I'm smiling a lot. I sometimes think how did I ever get so lucky in this life," I say

Erica smiles and says, "You guys are amazing just know, now how about another story..."

●●●●●

"Okay, enough of embarrassing stories of your brother, I can't take it," I say as I look at Antonio talking to people across the room.

"But I still have to finish the story," she says and I quickly jump out of my chair and run not before shouting

"Erica you making me laugh too much I am going to check on your brother," I say as I laugh running into Antonio's chest.

Ugh, why does he have to smell so good he smells like home I want to wake up to this scent all my life to smell it on my pillow to smell it in the shower in the kitchen lastly on me.

"Keep your sister away from me she is telling me weird stories about you," I say laughing in his chest as he holds me.

I eventually came back to reality as I did not even notice Antonio had company.

I lift my head and I'm shocked to see the man I once loved staring at me with a shocked expression on his face with his mouth open wide.

"Rhea," he says, staring at me dropping the champagne on the floor. I tighten my hold on Antonio.

"Oh hey Ares and Kylie," I say, staring at them. I am surprised their marriage lasted this long.

"Is this your girlfriend Antonio?" Kylie asks ignoring me and I just roll my eyes. Typical

"Mhm this beautiful person right here is my lady," Antonio says looking down at me and I blush.

I hear someone cough and I look towards Ares and see him clenching his jaw an emotion I can't seem to figure out.

"It's been long Rhea," Ares mutters and I smile.

"Indeed it has," I say staring him in the eyes.

The Rhea before would have been shocked or nervous to be standing in front of Ares but all I feel is just nothing. Ares doesn't look the same anymore he looks stressed and he even looks empty. A part of me feels bad for him and another part feels he deserves it.

"Um, so how did you two meet?" Ares asks looking at Antonio's hands on me

"Colomba must I tell him or should you?" Antonio asks me and give him the go-ahead to tell.