Chapter 18 : Tonio

"You look even more beautiful now that you are older," Mrs Russo says touching my cheek and I smile because, in a long time, I feel a mother's love.

"Mother...," Antonio says sighing

"Sorry, it's just that today is an emotional day," she says as tears drop from her eyes and I wonder why she is so sad

"Are you okay Mrs. Russo?' I ask and she smiles at me and says, "I'm good I'm just feeling happy now."

"I knew I shouldn't have brought her here," Antonio mutters under his breath

"Yeah because you are a selfish fart," I hear Erica says walking in and coming to hug me as she whispers, "He just told me he would rather much have you all to himself than share you with the world."

I hear Antonio groan, "Why don't you show around Antonio as I quickly prepare dinner," Mrs Russo says as she kisses my cheek and goes into the kitchen I assume.

"I'm back bitches," I hear a familiar voice and look to see it's Brandon coming in by the door and I laugh as he runs towards us.

"What are you doing here Brandon?" Antonio asks getting annoyed

"I just came to see my sister-in-law." Brandon says smirking taking my hand and spinning me around, "Also I got invited to dinner by your mama

"Fuck I had a feeling I should have not come today," Erica mutters quietly but enough for us to hear as Brandon turns around to face her and I see his playful expression disappear and is replaced with a serious expression.

"Nice to see you, Erica," he says as I see how they look at each other the tension is so thick that it's suffocating me.

"Likewise," she says with a frown on her face, "Brother I think I will show her around why don't you and Brandon talk about work-related stuff?" Erica asks

"Fine," Antonio says as comes to me plants a kiss on my forehead, and hugs me.

"Come back to me soon," he whispers and I blush, "Always will."

●●●●●

"Ugh the nerve that son of a bitch has," Erica says as I finish telling her about the past few days regarding Ares.

"I just hope he doesn't ruin my life any further," I say taking a sip of my apple tiser as we sit outside on the swing chair in the garden

"I can fuck him up for you if you like," Erica says and I laugh only she will think like that she and Layla are so alike.

"Now enough about Ares tell me what's going on with you and Brandon?" I ask her and I see her grin slip

"Is it that obvious?" she asks and I nod

"We fucked okay," she says as I gasp

"You did not," I say and she covers her face with her hands

"Erica you getting married," I say and she looks stressed.

"I know but my boyfriend lately has been such a dick and Brandon was there for me and it just happened and the morning after I called it a mistake," Erica says and I'm so in shock from what I just heard.

"First of all how are things now between you and your fiance?" I ask

"We're fine but I'm scared he will find out," she says and I don't know how to break it to her that the truth will eventually come out.