14

Ann is only gone for two hours now, but it feels like days have passed already. Time seems to move so slow when I'm not with her.

Our once lively hotel room, now feels somewhat empty without her presence. Her energy gives me life and I miss her. A lot.

The buzz of my phone breaks the deafening silence in the room, and I eagerly reached for it, hoping to see Ann's name on the screen.

Disappointment washed over me when I saw that it was just Melissa instead.

With a sigh, I dropped the phone and turned my attention into organizing my baggage instead.

I'll be leaving in 2 hours, and though I'm really happy that I will get to go back home, I can't help thinking about when I'll be seeing Anntonia next.

Every side of this room screams her, and it feels weird to be alone here right now.

When I'm finished with my bags, I'm left with nothing else to do but wait. I stared at my phone, debating whether to call Ann or not. I couldn't shake off the guilt in my stomach, as the memory of her disappointed eyes a while ago replays in my mind.

I wonder how different things could've been if I just didn't let fear dominate me from expressing my true feelings.

Before I even realizes it, I was already reaching for my phone, dialling her number.

It rings seven times before she answers.

"Hey." she answers, her voice a soft whisper, almost hesitant.

I was frozen for moment, wasn't expecting that she was actually going to pick up.

"Hey!" I finally manage to speak, regretting it almost immediately when I sounded too high-pitched.

"Sorry" I cleared my throat. "How's things over there?" I ask, trying to sound casual.

"We're almost boarding."

"I told you to text me once you arrive. Kinda mad at you right now." I playfully say, pouting.

There's short silence at her end.

"Yeah sorry I forgot about that." she pauses. "My brain wasn't really working any more when you said that. For some reason." she says, letting out a humorless chuckle.

I looked down, playing with my ring. "Ann, I'm sorry."

Silence.

"What for?"

Don't ask me that. You know why.

"About earlier."

"You have nothing to apologize for." she mumbles.

I didn't have to see her face to face to know that she's lying.

"Just accept my apology and stop talking. Will you?"

I hear her chuckle. And it's like music to my ears.

"God, fine. Apology accepted. Happy now?"

I shake my head, smiling sadly. "Not quite." I mumble, hoping she could hear my unspoken words through the other side of the line.

Silence.

"Seriously tho, are you mad at me?" I ask.

There's shuffling on the other line as I await for a response. "I can never be mad at you even if I try, Michelle." she softly spoke.

I sigh, smiling lightly as another silence comes.

"Michelle, what are we doing?" I hear her mumble so softly, I almost didn't catch it.