19

probably my longest chapter yet.

enjoy 😈

...

The sound of my loud alarm wakes me from my deep slumber. I reach for it to turn it off and fell back to my pillow as I try to go back to sleep again.

But I was then again, awoken by another sound of someone persistently knocking on my door, making me groan.

Oh for hell's sake. Let me live. Who even is in my house right now? My brother and mom always leaves at the end of the night. Why would anyone be here?

"Go away." I scream, voice muffled by the pillow.

"Ann you have a visitor. Wake the hell up!" I hear my brother shouts back from the other side.

What the hell is he doing here?

I grumbled, reluctantly forcing myself to sit up, my mind still foggy. As I stumble towards the door, my head pounded like a drum I feel like someone is hammering on it.

Ugh. This stupid hangover.

Twisting the doorknob open, I expected to see my brother, ready to scream at him. But the sight that welcomed me was so unexpected it shooked me to the core, leaving me speechless.

There, standing in my doorway, was Michelle.

A jolt of electricity coursed through my veins, waking me up more effectively than any alarm or coffee ever could. For a moment I thought I was still dreaming. Am I dreaming?

Am I fucking dreaming?

"Surprise?" she spoke in a high-tone, smiling so big from ear to ear, her eyes disappearing again.

Before I could even completely process everything, I couldn't contain myself from screaming so loud as I leaped into her arms, my legs wrapped around her waist. I was hugging her so tight I feel like she could barely breathe.

"Oh my God." I gasped, voice strained from sleep. "If this a dream, please never wake me up."

I hear her chuckle against my touch as she carries my weight. "Okay, mommy. I can't breathe." she whispers, almost laughing.

I snapped out of it, reluctantly weakening my grip as she gently puts me down to the ground.

I look at her with disbelief, still couldn't process that she's standing in front of me. "How the hell?"

She chuckles, leaning her frame against the wall, eyeing me with a hint of mischief. "I told you, I'll fly to you if you keep ignoring me. You thought I didn't mean that?"

I blink, trying to remember her text. The memory came flooding back in. I thought she was just saying that to trick me and shit. But she really did mean it.

"I thought you were joking. How did you even find me?" I spoke.

"I'm a woman of my word, mommy. And...I have my ways." she smirks, winking.

I roll my eyes, fighting back a smile.

My God, this girl is driving me crazy.

"You were hammered last night. How are you doing now?" she says voice laced with concern.

"Last night?" I spoke, confused.

I momentarily pause, suddenly having a replay of last night's events on my mind.

Drinks, lights, the loud music in the dance floor... and then... a sudden, chilling memory.

Oh. My. God.